Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Royal City Show ’n Shine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Royal City Show ’n Shine
    Posted: 03 July 2007 at 3:18pm

Hey everyone,

We have spoken about entering our cars into the New Westminster Show 'n Shine for a few years now and this year...I am going in, who's with me?...next weekend on July 14th & 15th.  It's $20 for both days and $10 for the poker run, since we are walking distance from our place, we can plan to have a BBQ even after, lots of parking available...or have our place as a rest area (or drinking) if we wish.

Here is the web site

http://www.newwestbia.com/?p2=page2.jsp&page2=133

• Poker Run on Saturday, July 14th from 10am to 4pm

• Cruise on Columbia Street starting at 6pm

• 8th Annual Royal City Show and Shine on
    Sunday, July 15th from 10am to 5pm

• Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
    Bassman View Drop Down
    Senior Post God
    Senior Post God
    Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 9:43pm
    What...A Nice Local Show and just Blair and I in for this from our club...come on people:)...lol
    Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

beken View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 9:53pm
    I usually go to look at the cars.  Hey...that's next week already.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
    Fobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 6:13pm

Hey Brian... I am thinking that I could bring in my GT just cuz you and Blair are both notch backs and would be a good contrast to have a fast back in attendance for the Club. Thing is no one from the club has seen the car and I am not up on shows at all so perhaps it is not worthy. I would like you to have a look at it.

Jay

NEW THINGS COME IN WRINKLED BAGS TOO
    Fobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 6:22pm
    opppps.... thought you were a notch back....lol. Well either the GT or the gold SE. See what you think Brian.
    Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 7:02pm
    The New West Show will be fun. There are lots of other car clubs to talk with and shops to check out. I'll see you there.
    Bassman View Drop Down
    Senior Post God
    Senior Post God
    Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 9:32pm

Hey Jay,

What ever car you would like to show man...I have seen both of your cars and they are nice.  I will be planning to detail my car on Friday and Saturday with the intent to join the activities on Saturday with the show...which mean I may not make the club meeting:(.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Fobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 9:41pm
    Started working on the GT today in my shop. I am staying with my lady while recovering from surgery on the New West Quay. Could use some pointers. My shop is in Port Kells just a few blocks from Jimie Macs Pub. If you need a space to work let me know or if you would just like to drop out.
    Bassman View Drop Down
    Senior Post God
    Senior Post God
    Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 9:45pm

Hey Jay,

I will be in Langley on Saturday meetiing up with a guy who is a steering rack genius and could drop by and see where you are at and see how I can help.  I know where you are at with your back, I have 3 herniated disks..and I am 4 block from the Quay, call me at 778-836-4806 and we can chat if you like.

Cheers

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Bassman View Drop Down
    Senior Post God
    Senior Post God
    Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 3:17pm

Ok everyone,

Dropping off registrations for Blair, Jay and my car shortly, we certainly hope more WCF members join us in representing our cars for this show.

Cheers...Brian

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Fobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 8:57pm

Hey folks.

This is looking like a great venue. Registration is cheap at 20 bucks. There are a good selection of classes to enter. We chose Domestic Sport which includes Kits. Might be a bit tough as it will mean we go against Corvette and Cobra but I think it will be fun none the less and a great exerience. Do we have any signage to show who we are representing?

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
    Senior Post God
    Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 2:56pm
    Brian,

Sorry, I won't be able to join you guys this weekend!

John

Take lots of pics for the forum.
    Fobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 10:14am

Brian... I just had a major coolant loss last night. Looks to be coming from above or behind the altinater. Thinking maybe a frost plug if there is one up there somewhere. Water runs out just about as fast I can put it in. Thinking this will put me out of the Show. Might be more than I can handle with the recent Surgery and all.

Bassman View Drop Down
    Senior Post God
    Senior Post God
    Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 8:24pm

That's sh*tty...I'll give you a hand when your ready if required to fix that up.  How about your gold car, she's in great shape for the show?.

I am heading to bed shortly, maybe call me tomorrow and chat about the weekend

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Fobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 8:53pm
    Hey Brian... I got the GT done. Killed my back but no water leak. There was a block heater in there that had blown out. Rubber was all cracked and old in it. I put in a REAL frost plug. Thanks for the offer. If you want to work indoors out of the heat Friday or Saturday, let me know. I'll open the shop. Coolest shop in the complex.
    Bassman View Drop Down
    Senior Post God
    Senior Post God
    Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 9:37pm

Great to hear about your car, watch your back dude...you can do more harm than good being sao early out of surgeory.

I think I'll take you up on the shop, I'll be off both days and that's what I planned.  I'll call you on Thursday as I have The Tragically Hip concert that day, but we can make arrangements, etc.

Cheers

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Bassman View Drop Down
    Senior Post God
    Senior Post God
    Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 6:07pm

Hey Guys (Blair & Jay), and who ever else joins us:),

Sorry I didn't make the meeting, my upolstery is drying off.  In know Blair & Jay are going to the meeting, hope the encourage a few other memebers to join us tomorrow.  Since we have already pre-registered, you can still register onsite, but we are meeting at my place and leaving by 8am so we can get in line together and get some good spots...meet us and this way when we go down we can tell them how many cars there are.

My address is:

65 First Street, New West, V3L 5K9...buzzer #33 or call me and I'll flag you down outside...below is a web link to Google Maps...see you in the morning, going to be up to 37:).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q =65+First+Street,+New+Westminster,+BC,+V3L+5K9&sll=37.06 25,-95.677068&sspn=26.478122,58.447266&ie=UTF8&z =16&iwloc=addr&om=1

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Fobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 11:33am

A

few pics from the show paticipated in by Jay , Brian, Blair

Bassman View Drop Down
    Senior Post God
    Senior Post God
    Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 6:37pm

Hi All,

Well, I will say that not only did we all have fun that attended and visited (Kerstin, Tristan, Nigel & Dave), we certainly gave allot of people (estimated 3000 people) a whole new awareness of our cars...or let's say "Sparked" allot of people.

I am sure glad I had a few business cards, we had I would say 4-6 new member potentials, those who came up and said "I have this Fiero:)" and love it, never knew about WCFC, etc...was nice:).

I think the one querstion than won most points was "What's that scoop on the side of your car?:)"...ya, Blair and I have the FS scoop, then we pointed them to Jay's '87 that was stock...was funny.

This is a show I feel we should be part of, the interest is in our cars, the awareness, and respect was great, can imagine if John Carlos had his car here...lol.

There is a link below, enjoy, and hope we can attend as a club like the Honda Civic's (10 cars grouped, and collector plates!), and the British Club (Almost the same # of cars)...nice site:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic