Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steering Column and/or A/C work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steering Column and/or A/C work
    Posted: 07 July 2007 at 10:21pm

Hi all,

Well, after almost 2 years...I have wipers

Mark this contact down for any work on any GM or Ford vehical that is steering rack or A/C related...he is awesome.  I am posting the original post from Ron back in December 2006:

This is just a lead to note and keep on file in case you need it sometime.

I found a guy in Langley who is an expert on this stuff.  He does steering columns for local body shops and hot rod builders.  He's especially familiar with GM columns.  He can assemble them with his eyes closed.  He did one once in the dark because the car couldn't be driven and there was no light available.  He took my dissasembled column and replaced the broken part and reassembled it for $60.  He has loads of spare parts.  He buys every column he sees at swap meets (and his back yard looks like it too).  It's his hobby as well as his work.  He loves this stuff.  His name is Russell Townsend.  His phone number is 604-888-9077.

Ron

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 11:16am
He did the column in my buddie Jacks Astro van, and Jack said that he was very impressed with him.

I think he's worked on a few others from around here as well!
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 12:56pm
Again...any Ford's or GM's...he's the man, and such a down to earth nice guy, he lives on Hudson Bay Street in Fort Langley, the road that leads to the Fort.  He will travel to you within Langley, any further then you have to talk...otherwise bring it to him.
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 10:41am
Did you have "PHANTOM WIPERS"?
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 1:43pm

No, my wiper switch had to be replaced.  There is a few resistors or whatever...little electronic things that dies which fried the PC board for the intermitten wiper in the motor.  I replaced with a new motor and PC board which ended up being $300...then lead to having to change the switch.

Blair was working on the Phantom Wiper issue, not sure where he is at with it, same fix as Dickmans has but trying to source locally

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic