West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3400 swap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 2:41pm

Got all the wiring in just have a few more that need to connected and it ran for a few seconds then i turned it off,no fuel likes whick was nice.Thanks to Harrison who did all of the layout for the harness and i put the ends together.Thanks Harrison.

tk_85redgt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 12:58pm
Will got all the wiring done last night with Harrison's help.We tryed to start the car,it would run for a few sceonds then die.today i tryed to atart it again same thing,unpluged the MAF sensor and it ran with a high idle and as sone as i plug the MAF wires back it dies.Also checked for vacuum leaks dont seam to have any.The 3400 ran great till it was pulled so i don't think it's the MAF sensor.

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 8:45am

Got the car running yesterday had a bad throttle gasket,replace it and it runs good and idles is good also no leaks.Have a few more little thing to do and will be taking it for a ride in a few days i hope.Her is a video of it running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-uWDlPCsE&feature=youtu .be

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 12:51pm
Took the fiero out for its first drive around the block a few times,the 3400 sure has more get up and go to the 2.8,the cold air intake sounds great almost like a 4 bbl carb.Have a few things to take care of before go for a good run.Need to do small ajustments on the clutch cable brackets and a pulley needs to be mounted a little better so its not as noisy and it should be good to go.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 1:28am
Congrats on getting it running, I am sure you are going to have a blast with it.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 7:38pm
I hope to,plan on getting a 1 day permit on the weekend going on a good ride.
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 7:54pm
Looks amazing Tino. You and Dad do good work.

See ya in 3 weeks...

Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 11:43am
Went for a drive today drove very nice with no problems.It sure has a lot more get up and go and the clutch is a lot different then the old 1 need to get us to that.the only thing is the speedo works but the odometer doesn't any 1 have a idea why it doesn't.

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 3:00pm

Heres a video of a short run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pes4x-mS3nY

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 3:45pm
So i bot new MSD coils wires and E3 plugs for the fiero.Put the MSD coils in and started it and went for a ride to make sure it run,then do the plugs and wires.But my new alternator i bot 6 months ago was way over charging  almost 18 volts.So off to lordo and get a  exchange,changed the new alternator and all go 14.74 volts at the gauge and at the battery.know i can do the plugs and wires.Heres a pic of the coils only.
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 3:56pm
Looks good.

Will it make it out to the meeting this weekend?
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 4:49pm
Thats the plan i hope.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic