West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Fiero Shows
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Northwest FieroFest 2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Northwest FieroFest 2012
    Posted: 08 July 2012 at 12:02am
For those of you interested in attending this year:

Greetings, Its July and the 2012 show is fast approaching and we hope you are planning to attend. We will meet in Richland , WA on August 10th -1th-12th for our annual event. Our headquarters hotel is again the Shilo Inn. If you plan to stay there, you should make your reservation soon. We only have a limited number of rooms on hold for our event. To get our discounted rate be sure to tell them that you are with the Northwest Fiero group. The rooms are $81.00 + room tax at 1-2 guest per room. That will be for a Queen, King and Double Queen. EXTRA PERSON CHARGE $ 10.00 Per Night. ROLL-AWAYCHARGE $ 15.00 Per Night. Their phone # is (509) 946-4661. To register for the 2012 NW Fierofest, go to nwfierofest.com. We appreciate early registrations and offer a $20 discount for all reservations made by July 18th. This allows us to keep costs low by letting us know how to plan for t-shirts, Sat dinner, etc. I hope to see you in Richland this August.

If you have questions, problems, or suggestions let me know.

P.S. We are bringing back the Saturday raffle during the show this year. We have over $100 in prizes at this time and will likely have more in time for the event, so please remember to bring a little cash if you would like to enter to win these prizes!

Duwayne Robinson nv88fiero@yahoo.com
Cell: (775) 233-3530
President for 2012 Northwest Fiero Festival
Web Site: http://www.nwfierofest.com/

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Fieroman88 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 4:45pm
Considering going this year but wondering if anyone else is
thinking about it. I would ask for the Friday off and leave
on the Friday morning as I hear it is a bit of a run, but a
great run at that. Would be nice to go with others as you
never know with these beasts.
Regards Glenn
aka
fieroman88
Fieroman88
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 6:19pm
Lisa I won't be going, however a bit of info on the drive, Lisa and I were at the fest, hung out till after lunch, and left on a Saturday of the club meeting.  We made it to the club meeting that night.  Only things I can recommend is make sure that your oil is changed, tires are good and your cooling system is in Top Notch shape.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 6:25pm
I just did a quick check and its 510kms roughly, we went via the 405 and connected with I-90 a bit more inland to avoid the Seattle area all together.  I think we made the trip in about 4hrs. Then spent an extra hour at Customs.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Fieroman88 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 7:19pm
Dave, I like to keep in under 200 mph, so it will probably
take me a bit longer lol
Fieroman88
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 8:54pm
Na didn't drive that insain, average about 80mph, (lows to 50mph in traffic, highs to 110mph when I had a good straight shot. Its the US Highways on a Saturday Afternoon everyone usualy cruises close to 80mph.  It was just Lisa and I in the 88 and you know how well an 88GT cruises on the highway, just sorta sails along.   My best (read crazy even for me) was the Peach Arch Crossing to the Colmbia River Bridge entering Portland Oregon, did it in 4hrs flat.  It was a midnight to 4am run on a weekday. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 11:40pm
This is the route Maureen and I took last year. We had hoped by going through Bellevue, we might meet up with others from the Seattle area and convoy in together. I think we went a bit too early. As the most of the Seattle people arrived later than us.

Google says it takes 5 hours. We stopped in Ellensburg for lunch and then at the top of the hill before Yakima to let the cars cool down a bit. It took us about 6 hours, I guess. It's a nice drive. Take your time and stop to take pictures.   

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:45pm
Not sure who from here is planning on going, but you should be registered or registering real soon.   The hotel may be booked full already. Though there are other hotels nearby.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 3:47pm
This starts tonight.   If you are going and you haven't left yet, you are going to be late.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic