West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Complete Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1988 Fiero Formula V6 5spd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1988 Fiero Formula V6 5spd
    Posted: 31 July 2012 at 3:06pm

Selling my '88 Formula! :(

It's okay I still have my Silver 86GT, but I've got waaay too many projects and another mouth to feed soon.  So this has got to go.

Ton of money spent on new parts and hundreds of hours working on it to make it a reliable daily driver.

Open to offers, lots of spare parts including spare body panels from another Red '88 Formula.

Posted on CL as well, here's the link! http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/3171786416.html

PM or call me on my cell 604  802  7323

1986 Fiero GT 3.4L V6 DIS, 5 spd, Full Polyurethane Suspension, Rear Coil-overs
Twinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Twinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 11:26am

If you are asking for what seems to be the top mark for fiero (over $5000), maybe you could list everything you did to the vehicle to make it a reliable daily driver.

There was a white 88 formula on here for $3500 that either took forever to sell or didn't sell.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 1:37pm

If Austin was someone off the street I would not be saying this.  However I do know him, and have known him for many years.  I can tell you, if he built it, its dead reliable.  If you note in his craigslist posting, he did list all that was done.  For easier reading I am posting the add below.  Austin if you want you can copy your add into your first post.  Also considering there are 2 sets of wheels and tires as well as the Factory Sunroof Bag I'd say its a well above average Formula.   P.S. Austin just a tip, we have had several local cars especially modded or 88's sell back east for well above local market prices.  I think the last Formula went for around $6500 so you might want to put this on some online places on the east coast as well.  The cars get shipped from that place on Annices island via train car. So all you have to do is take it down drop it off and away it goes.

1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula - $5500 (Vancouver)

Date: 2012-07-29, 11:01PM PDT
Reply to: hqbg3-3171786416@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

For sale:

1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula

Good condition and very clean in/out. Seats are in amazing condition with no rips/tears whatsoever. I've received compliments about the car on a regular basis, people just walk up and ask about the car.

Runs great and drives exceptionally well.

The car is completely stock except for the stereo and wheels. The factory tape deck is included as well as the original '88 black Lace wheels.

2.8L V6 Motor with 5 spd Manual transmission, Mid Engine RWD
Power windows
Removable sunroof
217,xxx kms
17" Japan Lightweight wheels w/ 215/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza tires (5x100 & 5x114.3 fit)

Recent work done within last 2 years:
New heater core
New waterpump/belt
New alternator
Rebuilt starter
New MSD Ignition coil
Distributer/spark plugs/wires/ignition module
IAC (Idle Air Controller)
Oil pressure & temperature senders
Transmission fluid (Syncromesh)
New door striker bolts (no door rattles)
Rodney Dickman master clutch cyl rod
Rebuilt both headlight motors
CV Shaft, transmission axle seals
Stainless steel braided brake lines
Fuel filter

Regular oil/filter changes. I've spent tonnes of money and time on this car. Receipts available for the new parts.

My goal was a reliable car that could be driven worry free, and that's exactly what it is now.

The Bad. The paint's not perfect, there are chips and small blemishes as you would expect from a car that's 24 years old. The window dew wipes could use replacing.

Unfortunately I'm forced to sell as we've got a baby on the way and a sporty and fun 2 seater just won't work for the family :(

Tonnes of spare parts available as well including body/engine/interior parts/etc.

Includes Rare factory sunroof sunshade with bag and nose bra for front end.

$5,500 obo

Serious inquires only please

Good alternative and much more rare than a Honda, RX7, MR2, Porsche, Prelude, S2000, Del Sol, 240sx, Miata, etc.

image 0

image 1

image 2

image 3

image 4

image 5

image 6

image 7

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 9:43pm

Thanks for the kind words Capt!

I'll look into the options of selling outside BC, thought I would see if anyone locally would give it a good home first.

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 9:28am
Bump!
tk_85redgt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 5:47pm
When i bot his 86 parts car myself and my dad seen the car and it is very nice shape.How ever buys it wont have to do a thing exept put collector plates on it and injoy it.Tino
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic