West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Island cruise?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Island Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Island cruise?
    Posted: 25 July 2007 at 5:59pm

Anyone interested in a big cruise/camping trip? More details on Pennock's, hope its ok to link here!

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/066436.html

88FieroGT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FieroGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 8:44pm
sure
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2007 at 6:45pm

Just came back:)...drove from Victoria to Tofino and back, was BEAUTIFUL...and the day after getting home, drivers caliper sprung a leak...lol, just made it back...today just installed both rear calipers with Blair...lol.

We did I swear 300km on a tank of gas...think I could have stretched it another 20km or so but was concerned my gas guage was actually not reading properly...lol

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 11:17am
That's pretty good mileage.   On a good day, my car should be able to get about 320km on a full tank of gas.  That's totally stock with the smaller 1985 tank.  I believe the gas tanks were enlarged a bit every year the Fieros were built.

I saw the thread on Pennock's too.

Though I don't think I can get parole (from my family) while I go camping in my Fiero, I could probably swing a day trip over the island.

Any Lower mainland club members interested in a day cruise (read expensive) to Vancouver Island?   My family sometimes do a day drive to the island to visit relatives and if the Fiero club is interested we could make arrangments to take the first ferry to Swartz Bay, hit Victoria, then drive up island, to Duncan and Chemainus, and then catch the Ferry from Duke Point back to Tsawassen.  Love the old highway into Lake Cowichan and from out of Chemainus.   We could meet up with the Island club somewhere for lunch or something. 

It'll take some planning though, so if the club decides this is something we can get enough people for, it will have to be in the September/October timeframe.   I would suggest ferry reservations to make sure we all get on the ferry together. 

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
nfswift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nfswift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:25pm
We are trying to fire this thing up again, I'd like to get some Fieros together for one last cruise for the season!

Is there any interest? We are talking about an 1 afternoon/day trip, as camping seems to be unfeasible for most.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:27pm

Pick a day and I will see if I can get parole from my family and make the trip over.   Sundays are generally not good days for me.

I'll also need to get temp insurance on my car for the trip but am interested.

Cheers.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
nfswift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nfswift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 10:25pm
I'll confer with a few people and get back to ya.

-Jer
Borteep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Borteep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 2:46am
I'm hoping to drive the Island some time this fall before the weather is all gone... all depends on when I get my GT back. So... tentatively in.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2007 at 3:18pm

I guess this ain't happening this year?

How about a spring drive?   The ferry ride is going to be about $120 return so if we start planning it now, those of us on the mainland can start saving for it.  That's $20 a month for the next 6 months.

I think it might be fun to do a circle drive.  Tsawassen to Sydney ferry ride and Duke Point back to Tsawassen or Departure Bay to Horseshoe bay.  Actually, it would be neat to ride the new ferries when they go in service.  

The folks on the island can plan an interesting route up island for us.

If we do a weekday trip, the ferry line-ups aren't as long and sometimes there are special (read less expensive) fares.  But that would mean taking a day off work.  

sexy2m6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sexy2m6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 2:10pm
If you watch the Bcferries website you can get faresaver rates that will decrease the cost dramatically as they do discounts for car, driver and passenger.  Though most of these are out of the Tsawwassen routes. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic