West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

folding utility trailer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: folding utility trailer
    Posted: 20 July 2013 at 11:47am
Had to show this one,nice for small spaces.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/3890436081.html

SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 12:54pm

David should easily be able to get that little sucker up to 220kph on I-5.  

morphiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote morphiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 3:57pm
This really is genius. If I didn't already have a utility trailer I'd be looking to pick one of these up. 
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

David should easily be able to get that little sucker up to 220kph on I-5.  

Well with the V8 I might be able to, but not with the V6, however after looking closer at that trailer I honestly would not feel comfortable over about 140kph with that one, as the axles are 2 separate pieces for left and right leaving too much wiggle room for the wheels to possible toe in or out and even a fraction of an inch at 200kph would be a nightmare to handle.

I have been thinking about buying the big brother to my current trailer, Link and it happens to be a folding unit, however it folds from the front to the back and then stands up on its tail for easy storage. Leaving the axle a solid one piece unit. It has the larger 4ftx8ft deck vs my 40"x72" deck. That extra 2 feet in length and 8" wider will make a huge difference. Load carrying is pretty much the same as just shy of 3/4 ton. To be frank anything more than 3/4 ton and the Fiero has problems stopping it from 140kph.

I did just buy a new Trailer Hitch for the V8 Fiero and already have the brackets for the Lebaron Brakes. If I ever make it back to Canada to finish the damn car it would be really nice to be back driving it. I am probably going to sell my 88GT down here then fly back, finish the V8 and drive it down here
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic