West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum needs a speed boost.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum needs a speed boost.
    Posted: 10 January 2014 at 9:09am
Not sure where I can rant about this.

This website sure has been slow of late. It needs a kick
or something.

Who is the contact for maintaining this forum and website?
Do we contact Graham directly?   

Here? http://www.solid-thinking.com/

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 9:57am
I agree with you Ken this forum is deadslow

This meeting on Saturday will have lots of action with refreshing changes, ideas and kick some butt

EDIT: The moderators kicked my butt   

Edited by Car-2-Lo
Johnny-B-Good

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 8:42pm

The J-man has spoken.  (EDIT: Johnny's post seems to have lost some of its "punch".)

Many many times I've tried to use the search function here and the page just locks up. Even when I close the browser and reopen the page, it's still locked up. It'll often take several minutes for the page to get back to "normal" and be responsive again. Very strange.

Edited by Patrick
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 2:11pm

Today the club's website speed is even worse than usual, and that's really bad. Several times the site itself couldn't even be found. It's like it's offline.

When I finally was able to get the site to open, I tried to run a few searches. It's useless. However, I have some info to post for whomever is supposed to be looking after the forum/website.

After trying to run a search for a member's name (one word) in Message Body limited to the General Talk About Fieros section, it timed out and the following message appeared...

Quote Active Server Pagses error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/forum/search.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

That should mean something to somebody. Let's please get this taken care of!

Edited by Patrick
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 7:07pm

Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

This website sure has been slow of late. It needs a kick or something.

The site was shut right down today for awhile. Someone was obviously giving it "a kick or something" as it's working fine now. The search function is now back to normal as well.

Whoever fixed it... Thanks.

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 11:01pm
There were some issues going on with the server. Some updates were done and a reboot, it took a bit of time but everything should be much better now. Rather than vent on the forum about the forum, a quick note to me will not only be more positive but also more effective.

Ken, yes, I can be reached there pretty quick as all my contact info is on my business site.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2014 at 10:00am
Thanks Graeme.

I thought when the site went down that it was probably a
reboot happening. The response is much better now.

I wasn't really venting. I just wanted to make sure the
problem wasn't just happening to me. If there was a group
of us noticing the issue, then from here on, we should
contact Graeme. I didn't want all of us to individually
contact Graeme and flood his email.

....but then...

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2014 at 10:42am
I didn't think you were venting Ken, it was good that you noted something was happening and inquired on how to find me. All fixed now 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic