West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ECM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote RegCharie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ECM
    Posted: 13 February 2014 at 9:08pm

Hope someone has an answer.

When I got my Fiero it was not running with a thermostat.
I put the one in that was included in the spare parts and after a short drive the "Service Engine" light came on.

I got a new thermostat and tried again, with the same result.

To check the problem I shorted the ECM's A & B termianals, turned the ignition on and the Service Engine light flashed 1 - 2  (pause) 1 - 2, which did not tell me anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Reg Charie
New Fiero Owner
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2014 at 10:51pm

Originally posted by RegCharie RegCharie wrote:

When I got my Fiero it was not running with a thermostat. I put the one in that was included in the spare parts and after a short drive the "Service Engine" light came on.

I got a new thermostat and tried again, with the same result.

If you're wondering why the "Service Engine" light came on with the thermostat(s) installed, and not without, it's probably because without a thermostat the engine never got hot enough for the ECM to go into closed loop operation.

Originally posted by RegCharie RegCharie wrote:

To check the problem I shorted the ECM's A & B termianals, turned the ignition on and the Service Engine light flashed 1 - 2  (pause) 1 - 2, which did not tell me anything.

How many times did you watch it repeat that pattern? It'll show that response three times before it shows any stored trouble codes.

RegCharie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RegCharie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 9:13pm
I think I let it run 5 or so times..but there might have been a break due to me not having a solid connection on the jumper.
Reg Charie
New Fiero Owner
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic