West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto Trans Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote RegCharie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto Trans Problem
    Posted: 20 February 2014 at 11:14am
All of a sudden I cant get my auto trans to shift into park.
Any suggestions?
Reg Charie
New Fiero Owner
RegCharie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RegCharie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 4:32pm
I got into the shifter guts and it seems that the mechanism does not depress far enough to push the latch down far enough to get past the small stop before it drops into the large park detente.

I can get it into park if i help it along with a screwdriver but I cannot do it with just the shifter button.

I cannot see anything that is stopping it and there was no broken bits when I took it apart.   
Reg Charie
New Fiero Owner
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 7:46pm

Reg, you need to start responding to replies in your previous threads.

RegCharie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RegCharie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 9:16pm
If you are talking about the code flashes, I did not think it required one as you answered your own question, and I have not done any more testing on the car. 
Reg Charie
New Fiero Owner
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 9:53pm

Originally posted by RegCharie RegCharie wrote:

If you are talking about the code flashes, I did not think it required one as you answered your own question... 

I have no idea what you mean by that.

What about This thread

I'm just offering some friendly advice. When you ask for help on an internet forum (whether it's here or at a site like Pennock's), it's best to at least acknowledge responses if you wish to continue receiving them. People won't bother responding after awhile if they suspect it's just a wasted effort.

Edited by Patrick
RegCharie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RegCharie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2014 at 8:32am

Patrick, thanks for the advice.
I usually don't answer if I do not have any more input.
Due to home and work pressures I have not been working on my Fiero, so I really don't have any responses.
As I do not have a garage, the cold temps have also been a factor in not getting out to work on it.

I understand what it is like to run a forum, I am the sole moderator on my LinkedIn group End to End Web Developers with over 45,000 members.

Reg Charie
New Fiero Owner
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2014 at 5:14pm

Originally posted by RegCharie RegCharie wrote:

I usually don't answer if I do not have any more input.

So if someone asks you a question in order to try and help you with your problem that you posted here about... you see no problem just dropping out of the thread with no response?

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to make a big deal about this (honest), but I'm finding this whole exchange all rather confusing. 

RegCharie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RegCharie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2014 at 5:26pm
If I don't have any new information to input, what do you want me to say?

In one thread you told me that the basic code flashes 3 times before showing the actual problem.

I read that, filed it away for further use when I had the time to get back to investigating the problem. I still haven't .. I have had other problems to worry about.

I would also suggest, if you intend to castigate a member, you do it privately, not in the open group.
Reg Charie
New Fiero Owner
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2014 at 6:10pm

It appears you and I are on different wavelengths. Good luck with your Fiero.

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2014 at 10:11am
Then don't, because you are......

[QUOTE=Patrick]

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to make a big deal about this (honest) 

[/
QUOTE]
You dream it up....I'll make it
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Dawg Dawg wrote:

Then don't, because you are......

[QUOTE=Patrick]

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to make a big deal about this (honest) 

[/
QUOTE]

It's great to hear from you Dawg    we all miss you hope to see you at next meeting
Johnny-B-Good

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2014 at 7:42pm
Hey Johnny!  I'm around, just had to put the car away for a while. 

But I'm watching....ready to strike like a cobra....:)

Cheers,

Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic