West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PCA AutoX on Aug 2nd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 11:47am

Originally posted by karnak karnak wrote:

if there is a better way, someone pls chime in

The "better way" will be when the forum software is updated and all the features work properly. Colby will be taking care of this... probably after his relocation.

Yeah, it's been a little frustrating having to depend on "workarounds" to post images here the last few months... but Colby will fix it!

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 1:23pm
No combination of quotes or img codes worked for me. So I
put the link in there. I'll add it here too.

"http://tinyurl.com/lhav8b8"

Edited by AllanJ
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 2:08pm

Originally posted by AllanJ AllanJ wrote:

No combination of quotes or img codes worked for me.

Your nephew will be fixing that.

"http://tinyurl.com/lhav8b8"

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 4:22pm

If you guys try a remote mic, be sure to save some fur from your kitties and make your own mic cover.   

Although not entirely clear on the concept, it appears that Gary has experimented with this idea previously.

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Although not entirely clear on the
concept, it appears that Gary has experimented
with this idea previously.

Great try - but the kitty is on the wrong side to prevent
wind noise.
karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 9:45pm
oh.. i will give that a whirl. 

next time i give the cat a bath, i will save the fur. it often sticks to my tongue...
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 8:40am
Oh I am not a happy man...no days off but really happy you guys had fun, looks like I am working also on Aug 9th, not sure I can make that one also.

Enjoy the day all...cheers
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Oh I am not a happy man...no days off but
really happy you guys had fun, looks like I am working also
on Aug 9th, not sure I can make that one also.

You should have dashed out at lunch and grabbed a few fun
runs like I did. Interesting course.
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 1:01pm
I asked Rich if I could take the final results home with me. I scanned the pages in and created a spreadsheet: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75590837/PCA-CWR%20Aug%2 02%202014.xls
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

I asked Rich if I could take the final results home with me. I scanned the pages in and created This spreadsheet.

That was a lot of work... Thanks Colby!

Gary, your time was great.  You need to help me implement the secondary throttle body idea I have so I can try and catch you!

I might mention that the "best" time our friend Ken Butcher got in his Vette occurred when he missed the entire last G-circle on his first run!  His actual best time brings him down quite a few notches... from 23rd to 37th place.

We used to post scans of the course after each autocross, and I think it's time to bring back this tradition. It helps to make sense of the videos posted, plus Colby and I had a hand in designing and setting up this particular course.

The stop box was changed by Rich after Colby and I left... and I very much disliked the angle of it. I also added a red arrow to the course map to show where Gary, Colby and I were standing during our track duty. It was dangerous there (before we added a wall of cones) as drivers would come around that G-circle and then for some reason make a beeline for our station!

Edited by Patrick
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 2:36pm

I tried to do something different with this video upload. It's actually five different runs combined into "one", ummm... memorable run.  (Edited using YouTube's own video editor.)

Make sure Annotations aren't turned off while watching this on YouTube. I've added some descriptive comments.

No, it isn't a music video. The song at the start was on the radio while I was waiting my turn to go... and I really like that song so I included a bit of it.

And I'm sorry Gary, but there's some  language used again.

For your viewing pleasure - PCA-CWR Autocross - August 2, 2014

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 4:23pm
Cool vid compilation, Patrick. I thought the stop
box angle was a neat element. You needed to be careful.
I think I mentioned to Gary to be careful there to avoid
a spin. It would help your time to be aggressive
diving in there, but it would be easy to overdo it.

For your scary work station, yeah - it's scary. It's
easy to see who wasn't looking ahead.

Gary kicked butt. In the Porsches, I think the order
was:

Rich (in Gary's car)
Bob Benson (RS America with Hoosiers)
Uli (GT2 RS)
Gary
...the rest...
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 4:37pm

I thought the stop box angle was a neat element. You needed to be careful. I think I mentioned to Gary to be careful there to avoid a spin. It would help your time to be aggressive diving in there, but it would be easy to overdo it.

I remember thinking as I lost control entering the stop box... "Oh gawd... I hope I don't hit the timing sensors!"  

Edited by Patrick
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2014 at 6:57am

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Oh I am not a happy man...no days off but
really happy you guys had fun, looks like I am working also
on Aug 9th, not sure I can make that one also.

You should have dashed out at lunch and grabbed a few fun
runs like I did. Interesting course.

I TRIED ...way too much going on I could not leave the property
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2014 at 2:19pm

Well, I've poked fun at myself with my compilation of spin-outs, so here's my final run of the day... which turned out to be my fastest.

Best Time - PCA-CWR Autocross - Aug 2, 2014

Yeah, it's pretty boring... but I didn't want you guys to think I couldn't drive the course without losing control of the car.

Edited by Patrick
karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2014 at 6:50pm
Nice videos Patrick. the best of the worst , and the other is just plain boring without all the camera shake and exciting audio .

I think I should give you some pointers on audio for video
it has gotta be like "Apocalypse Now" loud

Thanks Colby for doing the times. It does help to see how it all ended. I am itching for the next one. I have done some tuning and feel there is a bit more there for the next time..

There is a 3800 SC at Pick a Part, waiting for a Fiero out there ...
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2014 at 9:41pm

Originally posted by karnak karnak wrote:

...and the other is just plain boring without all the camera shake and exciting audio.

Just so ya know... I edited out a second of video just as I came to a halt in the stop box. I had looked at the time clock and saw that my run was 64.9XX, the third occurrence that day of basically clocking the same time. I was a little perplexed and quickly expressed my disappointment. You'll now never know what I said.

Edited by Patrick
karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2014 at 7:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic