Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Movie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movie
    Posted: 21 March 2016 at 8:14am
Does anyone have an idea how much to charge out if your car is wanted on a movie set for a day?
Fieroman88
Jim85GT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jim85GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2016 at 8:57am
I knew two people who regularly did this but haven't been in contact with them for a while.

The movie people usually have a set amount they want to use for the type of vehical but, that's not the biggest  thing to look at.

I know of a 64 Thunder Bird that had holes drilled in the fenders for a camera, another that had the front end stripped to hold a camera and it goes on and on.

You have to find out FIRST----how they are using the car and make sure the contract states, your car will come back to you in the same or better condition...

Do you remember the show a while ago that had a Viper as a main theme, well when the show was finished here and eventually moved to Calgary (after it was brought back), the original car was crushed because it was stripped down too much to rebuild again etc (apparently it was crushed at the metal recyclers that is now Amex).
Shocked
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2016 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Jim85GT Jim85GT wrote:

... at the metal recyclers that is now Amex).
Shocked

You mean Amix,  which is now Schnitzer Steel.    Silly detail, I know, but I was one of Business Analysts that managed the transition. 

But I agree,  make sure you find out what they are going to do with your car.   Since Fiero's are fairly rare, it is unlikely it will be used as a stunt car, or a camera car.  But you never know.  They might want it because they are cheap and abusable  (I think I made that word up) .   

This car was used to film the drift scenes in Fast n Furious.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Fieroman88 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2016 at 1:29pm
They said it is to be parked and not driven, but that could mean they are going to run into it. Haha.   
Fieroman88
ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2016 at 6:56pm
They gave me $500 a day for my "-Static display auto"- the car was on the X Files,you have to have a contract
With them.?but they gave me $1500 for a $400 beater.and the car was just parked.at least it's a starting point.
Hope this helps.
SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2016 at 7:28pm
The Wagon in the back ground
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_XLzl2bU7cddkltS0dQaDltTE0
SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
Fieroman88 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2016 at 6:55pm
They bought the 84 SE out right. They are happy, and they got a great car. I broke even or close.
Fieroman88
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic