West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Interior and Car Audio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Android car stereo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote David Elliot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Android car stereo?
    Posted: 20 March 2018 at 8:12pm

Hi! Has anyone ever installed the Android GPS Car stereo? I want to buy one and install it in my car. How about the Seicane Android car stereo?

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 9:53am
Welcome to Westcoast Fieros of BC, David.   
I have posted your question to our Facebook group also,  since most have become more active there than on our forum.  

If your deck is standard 1 1/2 DIN size or you have the correct adapters, there shouldn't be much trouble.     But I don't know much about installing the latest and greatest in aftermarket decks.  

There are other in the club that might know more. 

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 10:12am
       As Ken said, in both points, this forum is not very active and our Facebook group will give you a much quicker response.   

The other point ken made was in regards to the size of the stereo itself.  The Fiero uses a 1.5 DIN, however, most car stereos are either Single Din or Double Din.   Meaning 1.0 or 2.0 DIN.  It is impossible to install a double din in a Fiero without extensive cutting and fabrication.   However there are many single DIN units that will fit with an adapter kit, they will have a slide out display so you can have your large screen.  It just simply flips out from inside the stereo.

When it comes to brand, I don't know of anyone in the club running an Android OS head unit, but I do know they are fairly popular.  I myself do plan to upgrade to one when I get my new car done as my computer system to run the engine has an android app for tuning on the fly.  It will be rather cool to be able to adjust the engine in my car via the car stereo.  

Your best bet will be to read over reviews for the head unit itself from places selling it.  Like eBay or Amazon maybe even Best Buy.    Hopefully at least some of this info helps.

David
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 2:38pm
I think this might be spam, but I just happen to have spent some time looking into this, so I'll share what I've found. Another manufacturer of Android radios (Joying) sells single-din units that might be easier to mount in the Fiero without too much fabrication. They use full-size, fixed screens, that can be adjusted up or down as needed to fit the car. The part that interests me is that they use a standard ribbon cable to pass data/power to the display, so I've been thinking about mounting it where the aux gauges go and 3D printing an enclosure to hide the back of it.

88 Formula 5 speed

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic