West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Complete Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1985 Collector plated Fiero SE 2m6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1985 Collector plated Fiero SE 2m6
    Posted: 23 January 2019 at 10:24am
Okay.  I have one week to go before I need to renew my insurance. 

My car needs a clutch and I think it is time to let it go.   I don't want to spend around $1000+ for a new clutch and then get rid of the car.  So if you are interested,   make a reasonable offer for my car.  

If the offer is accepted, you need to tow it away.   The engine runs, all the lights and brakes and everything else works.   Tires are still good.  

I tried to donate to my high school or to a charity and they didn't want it because they were not interested in dealing with a collector car. 

If I don't get an offer this week, then I will renew the plates and spend the money to fix the clutch.  
The car will be off the market for at least 2 years.   

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2019 at 5:30pm
My experience makes me a little biased, but I would never consider getting rid of a car I enjoyed driving just for the sake of not wanting to replace the clutch. It doesn't necessarily need to be an expensive or even complicated job.

RockAuto sells clutches for around $100 CAD, and the transmission can be removed simply by tilting down the cradle and removing the driver's side suspension and wheel well liner. It can all be done with basic hand tools and a floor jack, and it's possible to do in a weekend -- of course you need the space and the skills to do it.
88 Formula 5 speed

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 5:41pm
Yah...I don't have the space or skill to do it.   I have done a transmission drop and a clutch replacement all by myself before.. on a rear wheel drive car in my home garage.  Rear wheel drive,  I didn't have to take apart the suspension.   It's not a job I want to do by myself again.   I'm way past my prime for that.  

Spending time on the Fiero is just not a priority for me at this stage in my life.  But I will keep it as long as I can afford it.  

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic