Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drives with Other Car Groups.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drives with Other Car Groups.
    Posted: 15 February 2008 at 9:49am
I am in talks with a couple of car groups that do night runs as a group.   They all meet up on a Friday nights and go for drives.   If you are a RevScene member you should recognize NightRaven and Lomac.     I think this would be a great way for many of us to get some extra drive time in our cars.  The basic idea is, on a Friday night a car guy really has 2 options.   Go to a car hang out and drink coffee and look at other cars, OR  find a group of other car guys that would rather drive their cars than look at them.   Recently our group has fallen into the hang out and look.  I think we should move towards the Drive side of it.

It might be in our best interest to have at least one tech session before we do this type of get together.  

If you are interested in doing Friday night drives rather than Friday night, coffee and gab sessions please let me know.  

David

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 5:38pm
Certainly up for Friday night drives...once my car is back on the road:)...might not be until April:(
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 12:59am
    Well you better hurry.  We need lots of cars out this year, this year is going to be Massive for the club.  Be prepared to do lots of things. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 5:18am
I have lot of new "Stuff" to install on the car sitting here also:)...and get that suspension finally installed!
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 11:27am
Will someone stay in the back with me? I don't like to push her past 110km/h.  
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

Will someone stay in the back with me? I don't like to push her past 110km/h.  

No fear - we rarely top 250 anymore.  You'll catch up.  ;)

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 7:02pm

Allot of us will...if anything we do not leave any member behind:), it's about having fun and enjoying our rides...there are a few who like to "Let it Go"...but we catch up:).

Craker...still have that air cleaner nut?...put my Fiero back on the road today, took her out for a ride and purrs, so happy

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 8:36pm
On our runs, there are a few members that do have a tendency to open it up a bit.  However its not usually the entire group.  The faster guys always find a nice pull off and take a few mins to relax while the main group catches up.    We never just "leave" anyone behind.   Everyone uses Radios on the runs and with the newer radio's having 13+ KM ranges everyone is always in contact with at least one other person.   Besides in a worst case scenario there is always at least 2 or 3 people that will openly share there cell phone numbers with the group.  As for top speed, I don't think any or our current members cars have the capability to turn an honest 250kph, however 200-225 has been touched a few times by a few of the more radical members. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 8:54pm
Well let me know before hand if it's going to be a "Top Speed" cruise. I'll bring my motorbike instead of my car. Then we'll see who can do 250.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic