Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Interior and Car Audio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Car Audio...I Gave In Today...lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 3:40am

I understand and thanks for the post.  It's not the manager, more the installer for a huge careless mistake.  This guy did my original install that Waylon & Chris had to fix from when he was at FS.

The bezel I had no expectation for them to pay for the FS set, but all the comments and research I have done, the dash patch kits do not fill such a large issue plain & simple...for him to pass me my keys and not be aware of what damage that was done is concerning.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 3:43pm
Wow Zero.. you sure changed your tune quick.

Either way, the whole dash and bezel piece needs to be replaced. If the company doesn't want to take responsibility then I personally would end up taking this to a legal level. These cars are too rare and too difficult to keep pristine and every effort needs to be made to be careful when working on it. Obviously the installer didn't take enough care..

We'll see what the manager has to say. If all goes well then they're reputation will go back up, if not then it's going to stay bad to go along with the aggresive response from Zero..
ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 6:51pm

Originally posted by Graeme Graeme wrote:

Wow Zero.. you sure changed your tune quick.

Either way, the whole dash and bezel piece needs to be replaced. If the company doesn't want to take responsibility then I personally would end up taking this to a legal level. These cars are too rare and too difficult to keep pristine and every effort needs to be made to be careful when working on it. Obviously the installer didn't take enough care..

We'll see what the manager has to say. If all goes well then they're reputation will go back up, if not then it's going to stay bad to go along with the aggresive response from Zero..

Obviously They Will Take Care Of It !! If They Pull The "Ooo It Was Like That When I Got It" ..I Will Be EXTREMELY Shocked

Frankly I Dont Even Know How It Happed ? Im Assuming Shrink Wrap And A Small Butane Torch ?

As For The Installer Taking Extra Care Because Of The Vehicle ...Every Installer Takes Extra Care Of Every Vehicle..But Mistakes Happen !!

Im Not Even From That Store, Were All Independently Owned But Give The Coquitlam Store A Chance To Fix There Mistake !!

P.s The Deck Does Look Effin Sick There Wicked Product !! Minus The Issue's

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 6:52pm
I'm not trying to be rude at all, but why do you capitalize every word you write? Isn't that a pain in the ass to type?
ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

I understand and thanks for the post.  It's not the manager, more the installer for a huge careless mistake.  This guy did my original install that Waylon & Chris had to fix from when he was at FS.

The bezel I had no expectation for them to pay for the FS set, but all the comments and research I have done, the dash patch kits do not fill such a large issue plain & simple...for him to pass me my keys and not be aware of what damage that was done is concerning.

Do You Know The Name Of The Installer ?

P.s  I Didnt Wanna Sound To Harsh There !! But Give The Repair Guy A Chance ..You Will Be Suprised!! Seen Alot Of Older Civics With Rips That Have Been Repaired ..Big Rips !! And They All Come Out Wicked !! Good Luck And Keep Us Up To Date It Comes Down The Line

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 8:28pm

Guys...all cool:).  It would not be cool for me to say who the installer is...that's not my intent here.  Here is what happened: the location is due to a drill burn, he was drilling a hole for the iPod cable, so for him not to feel the vibration or smell the burn is what is so crazy about this.

Now this may have been a REALLY bad day, after I showed the manager and installer the damage, they both do realize the f$#% up and said they will fix it.  As I was still stunned, another customer came to look at my car as his car had issues.

What I am concerned about is that there has been no follow up with me since, the manager is on vacation, and the installer has not called me with this contact whom does these repairs to follow up, maybe because I said I am so busy so they will wait for me to call them?...who knows.

After now going to Kirmac today, they said the same, a patch may look good short term, but will not age with the balance of the dash because of the nature of the damage, this is not a rip.

So I now wait for a call from them or follow up with them, with a deck that has the faders reversed, the climate control backlight that does not work, the sub volume control that was not installed as I requested, the bezel which I was just outbid on again, and a dash that will never be the same...actually now my interior won't...that won't help me in the future car shows!...so extra care taken, how could that be, rushing it...seems to be the case.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 8:43pm

Originally posted by Graeme Graeme wrote:

I'm not trying to be rude at all, but why do you capitalize every word you write? Isn't that a pain in the ass to type?

Habbit From The Old Days ..Used To Work In Tech Support ..Just Found It Easier For Doing Point Form ..Its A Ugly Habit That Everyone Mocks Me For lol Meh !!

ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Guys...all cool:).  It would not be cool for me to say who the installer is...that's not my intent here.  Here is what happened: the location is due to a drill burn, he was drilling a hole for the iPod cable, so for him not to feel the vibration or smell the burn is what is so crazy about this.

Now this may have been a REALLY bad day, after I showed the manager and installer the damage, they both do realize the f$#% up and said they will fix it.  As I was still stunned, another customer came to look at my car as his car had issues.

What I am concerned about is that there has been no follow up with me since, the manager is on vacation, and the installer has not called me with this contact whom does these repairs to follow up, maybe because I said I am so busy so they will wait for me to call them?...who knows.

After now going to Kirmac today, they said the same, a patch may look good short term, but will not age with the balance of the dash because of the nature of the damage, this is not a rip.

So I now wait for a call from them or follow up with them, with a deck that has the faders reversed, the climate control backlight that does not work, the sub volume control that was not installed as I requested, the bezel which I was just outbid on again, and a dash that will never be the same...actually now my interior won't...that won't help me in the future car shows!...so extra care taken, how could that be, rushing it...seems to be the case.

For The ipod Cable ..Where Did The Hole Go ? The Bottom Of The Pocket ???

As For The Fader Issue Thats Odd Was The Deck Hardwire'd ?

What "sub control" Did You Want Installed ?

And The Backlight I Understand That Plug On There For The Light Is A PIA Mine Is Still Disconnected From When i Did My Deck lol ..WHY THE HELL IS IT SO SHORT !!!!

Edited by ZeroC
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 10:55pm

Hi Zero...been working and getting to bed.

For The ipod Cable ..Where Did The Hole Go ? The Bottom Of The Pocket ???

Bb: The hole is the left side, bottom corner of the pocket.

As For The Fader Issue Thats Odd Was The Deck Hardwire'd ?

Bb: Note sure, had to install a new kit, RCA's reversed I guess, I can change this off the amp Im sure, have no time right now.

What "sub control" Did You Want Installed ?

Bb: I have a 6 channel JBL, wanted to have the ability to use the sub volume off the Alpine

And The Backlight I Understand That Plug On There For The Light Is A PIA Mine Is Still Disconnected From When i Did My Deck lol ..WHY THE HELL IS IT SO SHORT !!!!

Bb: I don't know, never had a problem in the past...and this kit is not as deep, no CD

Edited by Bassman
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic