West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88Fiero_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: 02 March 2008 at 12:09am
Greetings to you all. I just recently moved to Langley from Winnipeg, Manitoba, and figured that since I am now living in BC, I should join the WCF club.

Anyway, I currently own 1 '88 Fiero GT, which still resides in Manitoba, awaiting it's 3800 S/C engine swap that me and my brother had started (and then I moved, and didn't finish it, but I'll be going back this summer to do so). Hopefully it will be in BC and drivable sometime mid August.

For now, I am driving my '02 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.

Being a new resident of BC, and not knowing a whole lot about the area, or the businesses, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good mechanic, preferably in the Milner area (I have a few issues with my GTP that I have to deal with very soon). Much appreciated
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 12:19am
Welcome to the board.   Now go to the members area and post up pics of your car. As for a good mechanic in the lower mainland, Uhm, if ya find one, let us all know. I don't think any of us have found a mechanic we trust around here. In most cases, our best suggestion is to just do it yourself. There are a few guys in the club that are good mechanics and depending on the problem may be able to help you out.   We have a club meeting one week from today. March 8th in Surrey. Would be glad to have you there, even minus the Fiero.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 6:48am
I give and had to look it up - is "Milner" an area in Langley?

All I could find was Milner park!

88Fiero_GT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88Fiero_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Welcome to the board.   Now go to the members area and post up pics of your car. As for a good mechanic in the lower mainland, Uhm, if ya find one, let us all know. I don't think any of us have found a mechanic we trust around here. In most cases, our best suggestion is to just do it yourself. There are a few guys in the club that are good mechanics and depending on the problem may be able to help you out.   We have a club meeting one week from today. March 8th in Surrey. Would be glad to have you there, even minus the Fiero.
Thanks for the response. I'll put some pictures up in due time.
The reason I needed to find a mechanic was because on Friday I noticed that the GTP was leaking oil like crazy. So, right now I have no mode of transportation, until I get the car fixed. One of my friends has recommended Fernridge Automotive on 48 Ave. I'm going to try them out and see how much money they take from me.

Normally I would do my own work, but all my tools are still in Winnipeg with the Fiero.

Also, thanks for the invite. I would love to attend. Where in Surrey do you guys meet?

Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

I give and had to look it up - is "Milner" an area in Langley?
All I could find was Milner park!

Milner is an area in Langley Township. I think the center is the corner of 216 st and Glover rd. Milner park is right in Milner. If you do a google map search you'll find it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic