West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Feb. 25, 2007 Breakfast and fundraiser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote SmileyVW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feb. 25, 2007 Breakfast and fundraiser
    Posted: 20 February 2007 at 7:49pm

On Febuary 25th JS Performance will be hosting and Breakfast & Fundraiser for one of the members of the VW community.

First off a little information.

As you may know from this thread, stud26 (John) is in need of our help. His uncle is on his last chance at treatment, and his family is taking a big toll. We're going to organize a cruise for the VW/Audi community as a whole, (non-partisan, you might say) to collect donations and support for John's uncle.

Here's what is going to happen.

I've been in contact with all of the major shops in the Lower Mainland, and I've put out a request for participation. So far I've had some great response, and things are looking pretty good. We've been collecting gift certificates, auctionable goods, and cash donations for John's uncle. All items collected will be auctioned off at the meet below, so bring cash! (If you can't, we'll figure something out)

I've asked that the shops organize their own mini-cruise to JSP (or just show up if they wish), bringing staff and friends alike along with their donations to JSP at 11am on February 25th. We will organize all of the donations, and hold the auction there. We will also have a pancake breakfast hot and ready for everyone (which will be by donation).

Once all of this is taken care of and our tummies are full, we will all drive to Harrison in one big cruise for the final meet. Hopefully then we will be able to present the donations to John's uncle.

This will be in very similar format to the Toy Cruise, except instead of organizing a pre-cruise we'll be just organizing the food and final cruise to Harrison. How you get to JSP is up to you.

We're extending this invitation to all members and advertisers of the DOV, past and present, to come forward and bring what you can to help this man's life go a bit easier. I've lost close family and am currently losing extended family to cancer, and I can understand the pain and suffering he is going through. If anything, this will help out his wife and 5 year old daughter as well.

As for the cruise particulars, remember to bring an FRS, some cash for the auction, or a small donation if you can. Also bring a foldable chair if you want, we don't have that many at the shop. Also bring as many friends as you can!

Driving on the JSP -> Harrison cruise will be casual and reserved, please don't expect a cannonball run, there will be more opportunities for those in the future.

This is an open invitation to any and all to come out, support a fellow car enthusiast, have some fun, go for a cruise, and maybe win something at auction. Please feel free to forward this link to anyone, person, company, forum, or buiness that you think might be able to come and show some support for someone going through so much.

http://www.dovforums.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=2117& page=1#Item_0

J S Performance is located at:

5-30508 Great Northern Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2T 6H4

Thank you for your support and all of us look forward to seeing everyone out in force.

Sean & Grace

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic