Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hells Gate Run Wrap Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hells Gate Run Wrap Up
    Posted: 04 May 2008 at 12:34am
Ok I am not going to have pictures just yet, as I have a gig in Photos and 750mb of .mov video files to move around.

However here are the details that I can provide at the moment.

People in attendance.

Graeme and Cidalia in his Red 88GT
Luke and guest in Luke Black 86GT
Austin in his 86 3.4 DIS GT
Lisa and I in my 88GT
Ryan and Guest in Ryan's 88 Red Formula

We met at Starbucks in Langley, cruised up to Abby and got gas.   Special note Everyone filled up.
Well we left there and headed for Hells Gate we made a few quick stops for bathroom breaks and pop.

We made it to Hells gate, and went down the tram. Note its 16 bucks per person to ride the tram, or 14$ if anyone has a BCAA card.    

We all had lots of fun playing around the lower level.   Then people started to get hungry and all the fudge and ice cream we bought at the Fudge Store, was not really a good lunch.
     I thought it might be cool to go into Boston Bar and find some food. Well we got there and started looking for the main part of town. Next thing we saw was "Thank You for Visiting Boston Bar" as we were leaving Boston Bar. There was nothing really there. Only good looking restaurant we saw, was closed down. So next major city up was Lynton (sp) 43kms beyond Boston Bar, (60kms past Hells Gate)   So on the road again, going even higher up the Canyon. We get to Lynton and its the same as Boston Bar. Nothing but a gas station and a hotel. We pulled into the gas station and he said there was a "old looking building on the left, another 5 mins of canyon road that sold Chinese food and Burgers".   Me kinda shaking my head so Uhm, sure. At this point I think people were seriously considering cannibalism.   So any place with sit down seating and good food was up for us.

We jumped into the cars and headed further North.   We get up there and find the place. It kinda looked like a greasy spoon truck stop converted into a Chinese place with funny lights and odd chairs.   

The food albeit not great, was exactly what we were looking for. Hot, and filling. We had bets on if some people were going to be able finish there Chow Mien. It was served on a small platter to each person.

Prices were cheap as I have seen locally. Lisa and I had 2 dinners, 2 drinks, and total 17 bucks. So even with tip 20 bucks for 2 for a sit down meal is not too bad.

As we were leaving a few peopled mentioned we were getting short on fuel.

I checked my gauge and Graeme checked his gauge. Our 88GT's had only used slightly more than 1/4 tank. (3/4 full)   However a few people were down in the 1/4 remaining level. So we hit the road south and got moving. We found a station about 40kms down the road and filled up. My car was able to squeeze in 16 liters. 220kms with only using 4 gallons of gas.

I will wrap up the rest of the run later.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:38pm
Sounded like a fun run.   Wished I was there.  Any pix coming?

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:01pm
Just got home and have to be up in 4hrs to go to work. Pics are up at http://www.captfiero.com/040308hellsgate

Pics are Here

I will post up pics in this thread and a proper wrap up letter as soon as I can. Maybe someone else that was there can post up some details as well. I know Graeme got some cool shots.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:44pm
so where'd u guys post that your were going to be making this trip?  I dont want to miss the next one!
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:13pm
It was on the main page of this forum, and in the events section of calender for 2008. It was also emailed out and discussed on the club email list. If you are not on the email list, you really should be.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 6:07pm
Another suggestion...come to a meeting, you'll here about everything there:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic