West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Interior and Car Audio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTD Shifter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FormulaFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTD Shifter
    Posted: 15 September 2008 at 6:43pm

Hey, does anyone have a stock length shifter they wouldnt mind selling. My new fiero has a very short shifter on it that makes it so i'm the only one in my family who can drive the car, and that just doesnt work right now.  5 speed Izuzu if thats important. 

Hope I posted this in the right spot.

Thanks,

Ryan

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 6:47pm

Why don't you trade shifters with Kawana?

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 8:35pm
Let me know when you want to stop in here I have one you can swap out.  You still got my number right?
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 9:48pm
this might work well :D  Do you have any pictures on just how short it is?  I assume the Manual tranny its used on doesn't make a difference??  
88FormulaFiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FormulaFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 10:58pm

Wow, thanks for the quick replys,

Kawana, do you have a cell phone that accepts picture texts, i'm not sure how to post a picture on here,

And David thanks for the offer, i'll take you up on it if Kawana doesnt want to trade, btw how much would you want for it?

Which ever stock shifter I get I might need to get it modified anyway. I just talked to Smurf and he said the stock shifter (with the bend) would interfere with the dash, I'll need to check that out. 

Thanks again,

Ryan

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 12:00pm
Ryan if you can't work something out with Kawanna, let me know I have 2 or 3 shifters around here all with diffrent shapes. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 5:18pm
got the pics, is that made from a stock shifter? If not, what size knobs fit it?  

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FormulaFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 5:22pm

Thanks David!!! by the sounds of things I will need a longer shifter  without a bend in it like the stock one, (the one right now is a little over 4 finger widths tall) So i dont think Kwanna's will work unless modified, he's still welcome to mine though once I have a replacement. 

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FormulaFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 5:33pm

The shifter was made by the previous owner, or maby he got blair to help out? (speak up if you know something blair ).  The shifter is completely straight, in the picture its parked in first.  I just checked and the shifter is vertical when in neutral.  I'm not sure what size knob fits it, any way to check? (I dont have a stock fiero knob to compare to the one thats on there.

Ryan

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 12:08am
I have several different styles.  I think there were 5 different stock shifters made.  They will all interchange on the shifter.  GM tried tried different angles and lengths to make people more happy.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FormulaFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 7:42pm
Hey Kawana, just heard back that this is a cut down stock shifter if your still want it,
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 9:39pm
sent a PM ur way
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic