Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Interior and Car Audio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

6" Base Tube $17.99

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6" Base Tube $17.99
    Posted: 13 November 2008 at 10:30am

Ya its cheap junk, but for the price, you could buy the canon, toss the speaker and put in a better speaker, or just use it as is.

> Car Audio

200 Watt Bass Blaster Subwoofer System
ROADMASTER

200 Watt Bass Blaster Subwoofer System

Designed to enhance the performance of your audio system.

more info below

Edited by Capt Fiero
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 12:20pm
Hell, for $17, its worth a try :D  Are there any local places that sell those, or online deal only?
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 11:34am
Im gunna pick one of these up today, ill post some pics of it behind the passenger seat, see if it fits.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 11:59am
Yep check the locations section, they are in Surrey/Langley/Coquitlam and Richmond.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 4:35pm
K well i picked one up, its pretty big.  I tried a few combinations, and theres not really anywhere you could put it in a fiero lol :P  Its cheap enough, im gunna chop it down, and see if it would be useful in the stock sub place, then ill see how many cu. ft it is.  The sub has is 40rms/200w peak. Im gunna blow it, and maybe pick up a slightly better sub off ebay or something.  Ill post a few pics of it in the car, so you can see the size.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 4:47pm
Lisa and I were in Vancouver and just happend to drive by the Grandview Hwy location and grabbed one as well.   I think I will point the nose forward, cram it as far forward as possible and then Velcro it to the carpet.  If I don't like it, there is always the Minivan.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 4:55pm
Both ways are OK, im 6'1 (mostly in the legs lol), and i can sit fine both ways.

I find that having it this way is the better of the 2, it doesn't interfere with the way you sit, and if makes for a nice leg rest, that vibrates :D 

I think  might pick up a better sub and see how it does. The enclosure build quality feels good, feels sturdy. Im gunna take it apart now and get a better look.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 5:17pm

I wasn't really interested in a sub, but since I was in the Grandview Hwy location of XScargo checking availability of the CD/MP3 car stereo for $19.99 (they never stocked them), I thought I might as well look at the sub. As soon as I saw the size of the box, I walked away.

kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 5:20pm
ya its not tiny lol :P its 8" across, 18" long, but for the price, ill probably use it, or mod it to fit where the factory one goes, see how that works out.  If not, my dad will use it in his car.
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2008 at 6:07pm
well ive started modifying it already, i figued its just the right size to fit up under the dash.  Its 8" across, and ive cut it down to 13" long.  If i relocate the blue dingy thing, it should fit.. but ill probably cut it down to 12" to allow for the subwoofer excursion.  Here is the excess peice being held where the real thing will fit.  Im gunna try to figure out the Cu.Ft of the enclosure.. if anyone knows how to figure out the cu.ft of a cylinder, let me know.

Pardon the quality, these were taken with my cellphone, and i had to use a worklamp to make it bright enough.

edit:  resized into thumbnails, click to enlarge

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic