West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3.8 conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

At the end of this video you can see how much the motor was torqing over.  When I found this, the car went almost straight over to our fav metal fab guy, Mr. Blair, and he fixed me up with a solid mount for the top of the engine to keep it from twisting so badly.  

http://captfiero.com/videos/mycar/my49.wmv

Geez, that sucker was really twisting in there!

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 9:09pm
How much do the Caddy V8s cost, generally speaking?
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 9:16pm
I asked capt' the same thing
Quote   Its around $2500 to do a complete swap, I have an excell spread sheet with all the parts part numbers and everything you will need to do the swap.

BTW David, i never got the spread sheet file, i dont know if you got my PM with my email addy, if not ill resend it.

edit: or did you mean the engine itself.. that would vary depending on the mileage/condition.. but there is a complete car on C.L. with the 4.9 for $1200:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/919477040.html
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 9:41pm
Oooh. I smell a bidding war. lol
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 9:51pm
lol naw, im not getting it. I got a ways to go before i settle on a swap... to many options.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 10:01pm

It's ok, I wont be either, I have to find some way to afford $450 rims when I'm already in debt as is. Then I'm going to buy a head-unit off Capt Fiero if he's still selling it later, so I'll be too poor for an engine. lol

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 10:14pm

Sorry Kawana I totally forgot to send that off.  I just sent it know.

You could shortcut a few things to drop the price down, or not include the cost.  My sheet includes the cost of every, belt, hose clamp and even the cost of fuel and food to drive to Seattle to get the engine.

The total bill for everything was 3500 the total cost for the engine swap could be done for under 2000 if you chose to do an automatic, vs my manual swap, as I had to buy a new trans, clutch, flyhweel, and things. 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic