FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cruise to the Crater 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cruise to the Crater 2018
    Posted: 24 August 2018 at 11:05pm
I did this drive on my own back in 2010.    It was something I did on impulse.    It's a great drive, but it was a lot further than I thought it was going to be when I turned off I-5.   

I encourage anybody who still looks at this site, and can make it to the US for the weekend, to consider joining up.   

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2018 at 10:57pm
Event for Fiero
 · Hosted by Alex Santos Lightspeed and 2 others  

Sunday, September 9 at 10 AM - 4 PM 

Johnston Ridge Observatory
24000 Spirit Lake Hwy, Toutle, Washington 98649

We are gathering all Fieros for the ultimate first annual cruise to the crater!

This is an opportunity to gather all fieros from Salem to Seattle on a cruise to a beautiful spot on Mt. St Helens. We will meet in Toutle Wa on beautiful spirit lake hwy 504 at 10 AM. This is about 2 hours from Seattle and 1 hour from Portland. 

11 AM The Cruise will begin. Spirit lake hwy is 37 miles to the top at Johnson's ridge observatory where you can see the volcano in all its glory. This 55mph hwy is less then 35 years old and is in perfect condition with breathtaking views and long sweeping curves. We will stop for a picnic lunch at Cold water lake before heading the final 7 miles to the top. Parking is free but if you want to check out the observatory it is 8 dollars per adult .
INFO for that is here: https://www.fs.fed.us/visit/destination/johnston-ridge-observatory

At the top we will set up the cars like a small car show with open compartments. There is a big crowd usually that will certainly be interested in the crowd of classic Fieros. We may see other cars up there as well. Afterwards everyone is invited to come mingle and BBQ at my 9 acre property back near Toutle. I have a lot of fiero parts and a lift if anyone wants to check all that out. Bring any extra parts you have for a mini swap meet.

Can't wait to see you all! Invite all your Fiero friends!

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic