West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blast from the past

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 11:39pm

I just got an email from Marianne and I directed her to this thread. Stay tuned folks!

Marianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 12:02am
I had to come and check the forum out (my ears were burning) so I knew I was being talked about!!

I had a chuckle at this post and especially the photos - although admittedly I cringed slightly at them all..especially the demented looking one taken at the Christmas party I hosted for the fiero club long ago. Must have been the refreshments that caused the "look"...but heck it was Christmas and I wasn't driving that night.

The one of Pat and I was taken at Halloween - yup aprox 25 years ago!!! For a two year old I did pretty good with my space lady costume! Nyuck Nyuck!

What a bizarre set of circumstances that led me to my long lost friend! Indeed it was just last week I had to contact both John, Erwin, and Dave. Apologies again, Dave, for waking you up in the wee hours when you had to get up at 5 am the next morning. Cough cough of course everyone assurred me that you would still be awake and no problem to call you at that time. (doesn't point fingers at anyone). Apologies to Lisa as well.

Pat, I don't know if it was when you mentioned Fiero that tweaked my interest in them as I always remembered you as a Camero fellow. My son gave me his car when a lil ole drunk lady once ran into my parked car and totalled it. Remember the same thing happened to my beloved  green Pinto too! It also happened to my red Pinto as well. I worked at the Police Dept at the time and it happened in front of the courthouse. Drunk driver going down one way street driving a semi and my Pinto became a 1/2 a car in front of several witnesses. Even ICBC was astounded that I would have 3 cars totalled 3 different times , each time when they were parked and I was fortunate not to be in them.However, I'm digressing..sorry.
 Luckily that never happened after I started driving a Fiero. Maybe they are such classy cars that no one would dare run into one and perhaps there were lots of Pinto haters out there.

Keep in touch and thanks to the Fiero club for putting me in touch with my long lost pal. I may have to attend a meeting one time although I no longer have a Fiero.

Marianne

marcelvdgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 1:09am

Well curiosity got the better of me and I had to pull out the old Templeton annual and check out the photos of Patrick, Marianne, Bror, and of course myself..........what a shocker eh? Patrick.

Lookin back at snap shots from 1973...ouch!

Marianne, like Patrick said earlier, we never hung out either, it was the age difference then. (Two or three years)......but you may have known my sister, Yvonne.

Thanks for being the reason to take me back into memory lane.

Marcel V.

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
soon to be sleeper 3.8sc 5 speed
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 8:35am
Man... you guys are almost as old as I am.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 11:11am

Originally posted by Marianne Marianne wrote:

The one of Pat and I was taken at Halloween - yup aprox 25 years ago!!! For a two year old I did pretty good with my space lady costume! Nyuck Nyuck!

"Space lady costume"? No way! If I remember correctly you were imitating Bo Derek from the 1979 movie "10".

It appears I was imitating Bo as well as I found this other image of Bo wearing the same cowboy hat I had on at that party.

And Marianne, there's no point denying the fact that the party was more like 30 years ago...

We've got lots to catch up on!

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 11:14am

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

I've got socks older than you, junior!

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 11:18am

Originally posted by marcelvdgn marcelvdgn wrote:

Well curiosity got the better of me and I had to pull out the old Templeton annual and check out the photos of Patrick, Marianne, Bror, and of course myself..........what a shocker eh? Patrick.

Oh, I don't know about that. We haven't changed that much in the last 36 years, have we Marcel?

.....  .....  .....  .....

These 1973 high school annual pictures would've actually been shot in the fall of 1972. I was 16 years old at the time. Geez, if I would've known then what I know now... but I guess that applies to most of us!

Marianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 5:42pm
omg!! You used my grade 10 pic ...bla! Sigh even when I was having my pic taken I was still talking!

Marcel, I remember you and your sister Yvonne as well! Yvonne sat behind me in grade 10 S.S in one of the portables.

In grade 10, I used to take karate classes and the Asst Instructor was a fellow named Mark K.

6 years goes by and I run into Mark K again at the PNE for some national karate championship. We dated a few times and in our conversation he mentioned he used to date Yvonne several years before! So your sister and I dated the same guy - although several years apart.  How's that for seven degrees of separation!

These post have given me a few chuckles - thanks for that.

PS - Pat..nope definately not Bo Derrick (actually think that famous hair style became popular the following year) I was trying to be a Space Lady. Wonder if she copied me? LOL

>>>Leans on cane while munching prunes, holds sides while laughing.

Marianne
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 6:44pm

Sigh even when I was having my pic taken I was still talking!

Heh heh, that's exactly what you said 30 years ago the first time we looked at the 1973 annual together!

Marianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 12:37am
I got to thinking today about his entire episode and the pure chance that we were all reunited on this forum. What are the chances - that three former "Templetonians" all became Fiero owners and through a set of quirky circumstances we all came into contact with one another on this forum! Mind boggling!
My brother in law wanted to purchase the Fieros (he too was also a former Templeton student, although his attendance was sporatic back then) but I had honored my first contact with Erwin who was ever so patient with my long absences and lack of contact regarding the sale of the vehicles.

Pat, I was deeply saddened to hear about Bror's passing and my heart goes out to his family and friends. It was nice to read you have taken his son to one of the club meetings - they are a great bunch of people.

Another bit of trivia is  -  John (previous owner of one of the Fieros) who originally purchased it from Erwin, then sold it to my son 4 years ago and Erwin who just last week purchased it back from me...(follow all of that?) Well when digging out the registration forms I realized that John and I are neighbors as I moved to a new place a few months ago.
That's also mind boggling! Sigh small world indeed!

Thanks Capt Fiero for those kind words you said about me earlier.
I think Fiero owners and nice people are synonomous with one another!

I think a reunion is in order!

Marianne
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 1:49am

Pat, I was deeply saddened to hear about Bror's passing and my heart goes out to his family and friends. It was nice to read you have taken his son to one of the club meetings - they are a great bunch of people.

Thanks Marianne, I appreciate the sentiments. I won't dwell on it here, but yes, I was really crushed when Bror died last summer. (The anniversary of his death is July 14th.) I have to admit I was rather teary-eyed when I posted that old photograph from 27 years ago of you and Bror. It brought back many fond memories from all those years ago.

I still remember lining the two of you up so I could also have the posters on the wall of Donna Summers and Deborah Harry (Blondie) in the shot.

Marianne, you and I have plenty of catching up to do!

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

I've got socks older than you, junior!

I think I have some socks older than myself too. That, or I forgot to wash them.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 3:04pm

A candid shot of Marianne where I surprised her with my camera as she was about to get into my "Hugger Orange" 1970 Nova SS...

Marianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 4:56pm
I like that photo! No wrinkles or frown lines!!

This past week I climbed into a deep ravine along with one of my dogs to search for a injured dog that was seen headed for that particular area. At times wading in the water waist deep in order to continue the search. Other times our passage was blocked by 20 feet log jams which I climbed and kept thinking about this post...nah, I'm not old!

The next day I went to IGA where the cashier recognized me from having worked at her school and greeted me by name. I remembered her too and she mentioned she last saw me when she had been in grade 4 and she now attends SFU part time. OMG I am old!

I was pulling up railway ties gasping at the labour intensive job in the hot sun. Shoveling mounds of dirt onto plastic. I sat on my driveway when the garbage men pulled up and I heard an URG when one lifted up the bag. I pop up and wave say thanks I appreciate it. The young muscled guys whistled and I think "ah! I'm not old!"

I arrive home to my new place, bone weary and tired and feel like every muscle in my body aches. Egads, I am old. I think I also have socks that may be as old as some of you before you were born.

Waves hi to Blair, Oldest son who remembers you Pat and has had a few chuckles reading this Blast from the Past.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:38pm

Waves hi to Blair, Oldest son who remembers you Pat and has had a few chuckles reading this Blast from the Past.

Oh, I certainly remember Blair as well. I seem to recall seeing pictures (must be yours) of Blair and myself in a kiddies wading pool in some local park. I imagine Blair is old enough to go in a pool without adult supervision now.

So Marianne, when are you going to respond to my email from last Saturday? Do I have to wait another 25 years?

Marianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 10:30pm
Hey again,

I did respond but perhaps it went to junk mail?

Blair lives fairly close to you (near the drive) so you may bump into each other (hopefully not with your Fiero).

I often wonder about the Langara Cafeteria Hearts group...Kelly, Cory, Lucy, Mindy, Monty, Rob, and others. Sigh those were the days...
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 12:36am

Marianne, I'm not sure who didn't get what email, so I included my last one to you in my response to your PM.

Why don't you come to the club meeting this Saturday? I can't go to the August meeting, but I'll certainly be at this upcoming one.

There are probably plenty of newer club members reading this thread who'd be curious to see just who the heck you are.  The old time members would probably enjoy seeing you again as well.

Anyway, think about it!

Marianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 10:42am

Crap! I don't have time to make a botox appointment or get implants before then. I'll have to do it the ole fashioned way and stand on my head to let the laws of gravity do it's work.

You'all know I'm going to be jealous that everyone has a Fiero but me now. But hey!! I have a key for one!
Erwin, if you've been reading this I found another key to the black Fiero and will bring it along.

Where and when is it going to be held?
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 1:07pm

Where and when is it going to be held?

Saturday, July 11th 7pm

ABC Country Restaurant

10410 158 Street, Surrey, BC

Try to arrive around 6:30 as we have fun out in the parking area beforehand kicking tires and swapping breakdown stories.

You'all know I'm going to be jealous that everyone has a Fiero but me now.

Hey remember, this is a Fiero club. On any given day half of them aren't running!

Crap! I don't have time to... get implants before then.

Didn't you once tell me that just enough to fill a champagne glass was adequate.  

Marianne, if you can make it to the meeting it'll be great to see you again!

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 10:38am
Yeah, I've only had my Fiero running for ONE club meeting, and once again, I will have to bring another car to the next meeting (Damn Clutchnet).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic