West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blast from the past

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blast from the past
    Posted: 23 June 2009 at 1:35pm

There's a reason why this 30 year old picture is being posted here at this time. I won't say anything more about it yet, other than it was taken at a Halloween party back in probably 1979. (Yes, back before there were even Fieros!)

Dave, you're not allowed to say (because Dave has inside information), but would anyone else care to guess who these two Fiero club members are?

Fiero Zen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero Zen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 6:03pm
Ummmm........Patricia and patrick?
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
But Today is a Gift
That is why it is called the Present
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 6:29pm
Damn Patrick, you are the man!
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 8:07pm

Okay, it was easy to guess who that handsome young 23 year old buck was , but it's going to take one of the long time club members here to guess who the the girl is.

She may not be a current member of the club, but...

No more tips today.  

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 10:55pm
It's Amanda! Or Gina! Or Lisa! Those are the only three female club members I know... lol
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 11:27pm

That's a negative on all three guesses, Tristan. You and I have never met this woman at a club function.

The club "old-timers" should know her though.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 12:06am
LOL, In October of 79 she was probably fairly well developed in her Mothers tummy.  She was born in November of 79.  Patrick I do have to say, not many members will know who she is, as she was not that active in the club.  (3 or 4 club meetings a few club runs and I believe we did a Christmas party at her house)  However its hard to believe those pics.   Her looks barley changed in the last 20 years.   One of the nicest most bubbly Fiero owners I have ever met. Scratch that, she "was" the nicest most bubbly Fiero person I have never met.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 7:25am
Darn, I really thought I had that off the 20 year old who wasn't born yet, or one of the two wives (See, with Patrick constantly chatting with Gina, it was a real possibility!)
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

It's Amanda!

In 79?  Not likely.... she wasn't even a consideration for another 8 years after that!

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 9:12am

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

LOL, In October of 79 she was probably fairly well developed in her Mothers tummy.  She was born in November of 79. 

So there you go Tristan, I said it wasn't Lisa.

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

However its hard to believe those pics.   Her looks barley changed in the last 20 years.   One of the nicest most bubbly Fiero owners I have ever met. Scratch that, she "was" the nicest most bubbly Fiero person I have never met.

I'm sure she'd be most pleased to hear that.

Okay gang, here's a tip as to who she is - She has a supercharged personality.

(And Dave cleverly snuck in a tip there as well.)

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 10:19am
Marianne?

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 10:28am

We got us a winner!!!

Yes, it's Marianne, who I haven't seen for 25(?) years.

Story to follow...

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 10:30am
Yay me.   

Just a fluke that you two knew each other way back then I guess?

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 10:32am

Yes, an incredible coincidence. It's a very small world.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 11:02am

I was with Dave yesterday and we had lots of time to talk as we drove to his locker and back to pick up a part. Dave was talking about this supercharged Fiero that was recently bought back by the fella who had originally built it years ago. (This has all been discussed at length in messages on the club’s mailing list.) Dave was mentioning the names of various people somehow involved in this transaction, names such as Erwin and John Everitt and some woman’s name... all people whom I’ve never met at Fiero club functions (in the year I’ve been a member) and therefore people who I have no idea who they really are.

Dave was telling me about the woman who was selling the supercharged Fiero, and he casually mentioned that she was a professional clown. All of a sudden the little light went on above my head, and I thought... How many women named Marianne (as Dave had mentioned her first name) can there possibly be in the Lower Mainland who are professional clowns? (I previously had found out that Marianne had become a professional clown during a singular phone call with her ten years ago.) Sure enough, it’s the one and the same person!

I knew of Marianne in high school (Templeton in east Van, where Marcel was also a student). She was a couple of years below me so I had no social contact with her, but I remember she was real cute. It wasn’t until five years after high school graduation when I went to Langara College that I actually met and became great friends with Marianne. Yes, alas, we were just "great friends".

We eventually went our separate ways (probably around the time she started going out with the fella she later married), and except for that one phone conversation ten years ago, we’ve had no contact at all for 25 years. It is interesting to note however, that during that one phone call we had ten years ago I might’ve mentioned that I was driving a Fiero at the time. She certainly didn’t mention that she had one. Hmmm... now I’m curious how Marianne became interested in Fieros.

Perhaps Dave can chip in and mention some of the details of Marianne’s history as a Fiero owner, including of course the recent sale of her Fiero(s).

It’s a small world, a very small world indeed. Marianne, if you ever see this thread, we need to chat!

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 11:29am
Could only find one picture of the thousands I have...
From the club Xmas party 2003

Thought there were some more from when we had a tech day at my place in (03?) doing body clean up.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 12:06pm

Heh heh, it's interesting seeing a picture of someone that you haven't seen for more than a couple of decades.

When I return later today, I'll post one or two more pictures of Marianne from a hundred years ago.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 4:58pm

This is a shot I got from Dave that looks like it was taken of John Craker taking the shot above of Marianne.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 5:15pm

This image, circa January 1982, is very bittersweet for me. That's of course, Marianne on the left, but the fella on the right...

Well, the fella on the right is Bror, my best friend who suddenly passed away in July of last year. Damn, I miss him.  

An interesting twist to this story... The young fella I brought to the club meeting a week and a half ago (who's very much interested in getting a Fiero) is Bror's son Mathew.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 8:50pm

I hope Mathew does join, he seemed like a polite guy.

This is all so odd to me though, being a relative newcomer to the group. All these names and dates... Most of these pictures are older than I am!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic