West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red to Grimm Dragon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 11:34am
Hmmmm....either the camera chick was really drunk or that looks like the driveway from HELL!

DG
You dream it up....I'll make it
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 11:57am
trust me it is a driveway from hell, car has taken a trip down it on it's own once before
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 2:38pm
wooo hooooo I found my Transmission, final drive , torque convertor and stub axles finally and it is going to cost a grand total of $200 cad.  This is starting to look like it was meant to be.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 6:35pm
Congradulations brother!
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 8:02pm
I can't wait to see one of these transmissions in person, you are definatly pioneering a lot of stuff in the club.  Any idea on how much that SOB weighs.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 8:04pm
my guess is ALOT... Actually about 330lbs but should be worth it
for the power handeling
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 8:14pm
Yep I have never heard of one of those being blown up in a Fiero, granted knowing you and your engine choice, there is always a first for everything.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
DaCoupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaCoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 2:24pm

Good to see you got some progress on the suspension! Have you tried calling them with regards to your issue? I usually find that when dealing with them over the phone helps!

Can't wait till my "little helper" is born so that I have someone to keep me company / sane while working on my car! By the time that happens i'll have a new project hehehe

Built not Bought!!!!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 6:09pm
Well that is really sucking, I hope that it all works out
for you.

P.S. the Pooping comment, LOL, was the first thing that
came to mind when I saw the pic. I am glad I am not the
only one that thought of it.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 6:11pm
it came to my mind too after I posted the pic but it still works for the caption "and this is when I know it is time to go in:"
DaCoupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaCoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Fire451 Fire451 wrote:

well I am not going to recommend anyone buy the airbag kit that I did, it was made by Helix and bought from thehoffmangroup.com

Their customer service sucks complete a**

I agree I was looking into there struts for my car and decided now not to use them lol

I still say lets fabricate the lower mounts :)

Built not Bought!!!!
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:12pm

turns out I will basically have a 6 speed automatic transmission in my car, the th425 that I am picking up on Sunday is the switch pitch model with a 3.21 final drive, this is the coveted model for this transmission.

gear ratios are: 2.74:1 1st gear 1.57:1 2nd gear 1.00:1 3rd gear

torque converter has a 1000/2400 on the fly selectable stall speed

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:28pm
So its not a split rear end idea, just a selectable stall
speed?

With the amount of torque you will be making by the
time 2400 rpms comes up, you will just end up either
blowing the tires off, breaking something or flipping the
car up on its back end.

I am kinda confused here.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 5:40pm
well i got the new transmission today and have to say, it sure is beefy and HEAVY, but then again it is a trans and rear end all in one. will start the install of that once the airbags, choptop and roll cage installs are finished, until then it is going to sit for a little while longer, forgot to take pics of the transmission but will post them when i start with the install.
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 12:56am

well the headlights are on their way from ontario but I think they will look F.I.N.E. on the car with the proposed mods

here is what they look like installed on a car in pennocks

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 1:23am
Damn, flush mounts... Should be sexy as sin. And better aerodynamics at night as well!
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 6:59pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Damn, flush mounts... Should be sexy as sin. And better aerodynamics at night as well!

and the best part, no motors to go, no popping up at speed etc...

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 3:35pm

Well I have been looking for a decient intake for my build and I think that I have finally found it here are some pics, havn't bought it yet but I am getting really close, decided that this will be bought before the air management system

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 4:34pm
Hugh's old setup?

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 4:36pm
no this is not hugh's old setup, but i liked it soo much when i put it on his car that i decided that I need to do it to my car only differance is this is a polished set as apposed to the chrome, I figure spending a meer 750 as apposed to the 5000 was worth the upkeep of polished
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic