West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red to Grimm Dragon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 6:27pm
Looking good! =P
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 6:51pm

thanks , also went out today and picked up Two diff sawzalls, and I have been asked by Airbagit.com to design the 84-87 front airbag setup so they can build it for me....  this is the only resolution I have found for the airbag problems, think that I will be just designing and building the front setup for myself, have a hard time doing the r&d on something like this for free and letting a company that I am not affiliated with make money on it.  Will keep you all posted on the outcome of the suspension, this is the only thing keeping the project from moving forward.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 10:08pm
I'd say do the R&D if they payed you for it. Otherwise
build it yourself and keep it for yourself.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 7:48am
I say build it.
Then phone them and tell them it works great.  Then hang up.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 11:55am

LOL

I gotta say, I kinda like the Doc's plan.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 10:51pm

well my 1.5" wheel spacers are on their way and I go to pick up the intake on Saturday which is going to be awesome

Basically I am collecting all of the parts that I can think of that I will need and then when I get the suspension all figured out I can goto town on the rest, still trying to find a place in the states to get my cage shipped since Jegs doesn't ship them to Canada or PO boxes..

I have started designing the airbag stuff on autocad, what a steep learning curve that is...

That's it for now, will keep you all posted

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 11:40pm
Point Roberts has a few "mailbox" places that will accept larger items.  They just warn you to not leave the items unclaimed for long or they start to charge you storage fees.

DG
You dream it up....I'll make it
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 11:37am
"Hagans of Blaine" is the place to get larger packages dropped.

It's just a normal shipping address in the eyes of the shipping company.
You just call and get 'registered' with them (free), then you have the package shipped to:

"Your name"
12345 xyz street <-- hagans address that I can't remember
Blaine, Wa.

$2.  $3 if they have to call you and say it's ready to go.

DaCoupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaCoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 1:35pm

All you need to know is on this page!!! Ive shipped lots of large items to this place :)

http://www.thelettercarrier.com/home

Built not Bought!!!!
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by DaCoupe DaCoupe wrote:

All you need to know is on this page!!! Ive shipped lots of large items to this place :)

http://www.thelettercarrier.com/home

Unfortunatly they do not accept pallets

On a good note got the headlights today so I guess that is one more piece of the puzzle, now if only the weather would cooperate so I can actually start putting some of these parts into the car. Maybe I should finish the suspension first   lol

DaCoupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaCoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 8:30am

There is a place that does do pallets as I got one shipped there before I have the link on my laptop!  Yea finishing the suspension would be a good start for sure that way its on the ground at least. Time to brake out the cardboard and start making brackets lol

Built not Bought!!!!
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by DaCoupe DaCoupe wrote:

There is a place that does do pallets as I got one shipped there before I have the link on my laptop!  Yea finishing the suspension would be a good start for sure that way its on the ground at least. Time to brake out the cardboard and start making brackets lol

Yea i think I agree on the cardboard brackets... then again maybe I should install the new headlights.... or ... or ....

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 6:30pm

today's progress

it's a start

DaCoupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaCoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 3:42pm
Focus on only one thing at a time trust me on this one. Soon enough there will be nothing "completed" on the car and the wife will have you living in it lol

Looking good so far, you just have to sort out the angle on the bottom and you are set. Well then you can mount the top and also run a line.... I wanna see it tucking dammit !!!!

Built not Bought!!!!
Duck View Drop Down
Never fear, Superduck is here!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 8:33pm

Really? You're running a TPI setup? The L98 engine came out in... '85, IIRC. I know aftermarket companies have managed to squeak out more power from that intake, but I would have imagined you'd be going for a bit more top-end power. The TPI manifold falls on its face after about 5500 RPM. They were meant to make power down below 4500.  I was imagining you'd be going for something a bit more high-tech like at least an LS1, or even just an LT1 which revs much better.

I still think you should go with the LS376, or maybe an LSX block at least. They'll support well over 1000hp and the whole engine design is far superior to the old stuff.  Anyway, with that much power, it doesn't *really* matter what design you go with. The TPI still has one of the coolest-looking manifolds ever.  :)

Cheers,

Kris

How much horsepower can I have and still go to heaven?
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Duck Duck wrote:

Really? You're running a TPI setup? The L98 engine came out in... '85, IIRC. I know aftermarket companies have managed to squeak out more power from that intake, but I would have imagined you'd be going for a bit more top-end power. The TPI manifold falls on its face after about 5500 RPM. They were meant to make power down below 4500.  I was imagining you'd be going for something a bit more high-tech like at least an LS1, or even just an LT1 which revs much better.

I still think you should go with the LS376, or maybe an LSX block at least. They'll support well over 1000hp and the whole engine design is far superior to the old stuff.  Anyway, with that much power, it doesn't *really* matter what design you go with. The TPI still has one of the coolest-looking manifolds ever.  :)

Cheers,

Kris

Trust me ducky, this is just the interm motor till I can afford the one that I have planned for the car and trust me it is a little more high tech then the old tpi setup

fourpoint9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fourpoint9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Fire451 Fire451 wrote:

...still trying to find a place in the states to get my cage shipped since Jegs doesn't ship them to Canada or PO boxes..

I could receive it for you?
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by fourpoint9 fourpoint9 wrote:

Originally posted by Fire451 Fire451 wrote:

...still trying to find a place in the states to get my
cage shipped since Jegs doesn't ship them to Canada or PO boxes..

I could receive it for you?

I thank you very much ,i think i will take you up on that... I will pm you
when i am ready to order
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 11:43pm

a quick teaser pic of the PLANNED motor, if I won the lottery will be ordering tomarrow  lol

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2010 at 11:37pm

I would pay admission fee just to see that installed.  Ain't no way in hell you are squezzing that in a Fiero, not even sideways.  Unless you cut the strut towers out completly and moved them over about 4" on either side.

You NUTZ, I can't wait to see this all come together.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic