West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upcoming AutoX with PCA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 5:39pm

Well, that was a gas!

Those of you who didn't make it (nudge, nudge) missed a great day at the track.

Johnny took a bunch of pictures which will help tell the story, and before I blab on and on about it, it's only fair that Brian and Colby (the club racers) have a chance to post their experiences.

Did I mention that it was a great day at the track?

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 7:30pm
I am exhausted from the day, but man was it fun. Of course the day some more Fieros show up I don't even have mine with me. Oh well. I had a lot of fun driving my dad's 914 with him, improving on each other's times until he eventually got the better time by half a second.

Anyway, the weather worked out to be OK. I think it scared off some people since there were 40-something drivers compared to last weekend where there was I think 62 the first day then 50 the second day. That combined with getting a slightly earlier start and we got a total of 8 runs each (where it was 5 then 6 last weekend).

Looking forward to seeing the pictures and I hope to see at least one more Fiero driving in September.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 8:57pm

Pictures, pictures, we want pictures! Johnny baby, where are you?

And Brian's got video!

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 9:05pm
Vid is uploading to You-Tube in HD...might be awhile:)...I will post soon
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 9:20pm

Sorry everybody, I was asked to removed a few things on video

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=iuZTGYcMLfM
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 9:23pm

Here's the link...may still be uploading

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE3aCFzD0F4

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 9:42pm
Few WCF members showed up...

Brian working the starting...

Dog show...

Whale tails anyone...

Clynt's chopper with Sammy in window, but it's all fogged up...

THE END

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 9:42pm
John, simply Amazing...thank you for that...what a great club event, told ya...had fun today, thanks for coming out...September 5th next event, I'll post details
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 9:45pm

Had hoped to be at the meeting sat. and the fun race day on sun. but was sick. Watched the vidio's how fun!!!! Wish I could have been there. I hope if your all there again I can attend also. Looks like you all had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks to the two who posted the vidio's for those that couldn't make it. THANKS AGAIN. REALLY ENJOYED THEM.

REDWILLEY

redwilley
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 10:50pm

Aw, I was hoping for a different whale tail...

Sorry boys, had to help the family out today, but the next event isn't until the fifth? That's like... A month away! Oh well, I'll make sure I'm free for it.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 11:19pm

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuZTGYcMLfM

My favorite still frame from Johnny's video...

The only unfortunate part of the whole experience today was that Clynt's dog Sam was trying to launch himself at Frankie repeatedly in what appeared to be an aggressive manner. Sam's usually such a sweet dog. Clynt implied that all Sammy wanted to do was play, but huskies and bulldogs are quite different beasts and Frankie interpreted Sammy's behaviour (rightly or wrongly) as threatening. Being a typical husky, she wasn't going to back down and there were plenty of teeth being displayed all day! No harm came to either dog, but Clynt and I couldn't stand anywhere near each other without canine fireworks!

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

Heh heh...

Turns out that the woman (one of the drivers) in the above picture recognized Frankie. She was the grade 5 teacher for my girlfriend's daugher at Jules Quesnel two years ago. Small world! (Truth be told, Frankie is my girlfriend's dog.)

Thanks for shooting the video and posting the pictures, Johnny.

[EDIT] I don't know what's now happened to John's video.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE3aCFzD0F4

Brian, that was a blast today. Thanks so much for letting me come along as a passenger all those times. 

Funny that in the first run on a race track ever for me, you spun your car out! Made a few of those track attendants scramble! Cue the Elvis video again. 

And Frankie says you're one cool dude.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 12:00am

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

I had a lot of fun driving my dad's 914 with him, improving on each other's times until he eventually got the better time by half a second.

Colby, I want thank you and your dad for allowing me go along as a passenger a couple of times with each one of you. That was great fun. First time for me ever riding in a Porsche! 

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 6:16am
Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Aw, I was hoping for a different whale tail...

Sorry boys, had to help the family out today, but the next event isn't until the fifth? That's like... A month away! Oh well, I'll make sure I'm free for it.

Would have been nice to have had a reply if you were to show or not, I only asked so many times...communication...lol

Welcome Pat:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 10:26am

John, sorry I didn't get much of a chance to comment yesterday on your car. Too many distractions with the excitement of going to the track and having the hound with me. The new rear end looks great!

It's interesting looking at the three completely different looking treatments of the tails in this shot of the three Fieros. These really are fun cars to alter and make "personal".

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 11:03am

I didn't even notice that shot with different treatments, thanks for pointing that out, nice samples.
I'll be tweaking the rear end again later on

Added note: Thanks Brian for that scary ride
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 11:10am
Welcome John...lol, that certainly was tame:), should see what it's like with dry surface:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by redwilley redwilley wrote:

Had hoped to be at the meeting sat. and the fun race day on sun. but was sick.

Just so you know, there was NO meeting last Saturday! The club meeting is this coming Saturday. That should make you feel better!

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 6:40pm

Thanks regarding meeting not last Sat.  As I started to feel better I figured out I was a week ahead! So hope to see everyone THIS SAT. You (Patrick) and others looked as if you had the time of your life on Sunday. (nice to see).

redwilley

redwilley
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 9:45pm
Brian how did those race tires due in the wet?
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic