West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Attempted Murder #3 for Gretchin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 7:46pm
Will do. The new Fiero couple kept me up until 2am Sunday, so I woke up later than usual Monday and unfortunately missed Mission.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 8:05pm

Hey David...as I noted to T and I am sure he's not taking us for real other than peeps who care for him.  There are choices and he was honest to share an experience, and we are offering other choices...not just to take it to the track, just think twice before you step on that throttle and redline:)...and other choices can be affordable...we'll chat T, the offer is there still to co-drive my car and we can chat about funds:)...call me an we can discuss

Good thing I called you to make sure you did not head over in the afternoon...I did the 1st round and packed up, too tired for the last two...too much driving this weekend:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 8:59pm
Aw really? That's unfortunate man. How did you first run go though?
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:17pm
Working on vid now, only a few laps....too long with 20 min rounds
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

...what I think bothers me the most is seeing everyone jump down on Romeo.

What would bother me the most is seeing an empty seat at the next club meeting where Tristan used to sit.

Dave, please don't criticize the rest of us for caring about Tristan enough to try and save him from himself. It's not like he drives responsibly all the time and this was a one shot affair. He drives like an idiot (sorry Tristan) most of the time from what I've witnessed. He needs to change his driving habits pronto or he's just an accident waiting to happen.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:38pm

Tristan, just because I want you to gain and meet some real cool peeps, learn and have fun...you can co-drive with me in my car, you'll luv the clutch...if yes we can work something out...

You can budget for "treats" like this for yourself, I am sure as we all can, look at what we spend on (i.e. Starbucks each day, pack of cigs, a beer afterwork, etc...) and adjust and save for reg fees and get it out of your system...lol

To all...we all do care for each other and may share how we do this is many ways...we can all learn from this today, and you seem to have many friends in this club that care Tristan

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:40pm

Aw hell, there's always some new up-and-comer lined up.

In any case, your assessment of my driving, while accurate, comes from a skewed perspective, as we often drive like numbskulls on the club runs. My normal driving (Had been) for the most part, sensible. As I admitted, as of lately I've sort've been ignoring that threshold of safety, but that is something I can correct. I'm not trying to get all defensive and riled up, just explaining myself.

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:48pm
Dave's just worried because he's next on the list to be harassed :D

As they used to say during the holocaust, "they came for my neighbour and I did nothing, they came for my other neighbour and I did nothing and when they came for me there was nobody left to do anything".
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:50pm
Aw hell, he made it that long, and fate smiles upon me. I'll be fine.
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:59pm
Brian, I for one appreciate your efforts to get more of us on the track.  It's not the right time for me, but I will throw in $20 towards Tristan's entry fee so he can race.  Even if the money just goes into your pocket to help you with your ride that's ok too.

As long as he gets some track time I'm good.  I'll have the money at the next meeting.

DG
You dream it up....I'll make it
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 10:08pm

Not to be outdone by a Dawg, the Toad will throw in the other $20 so Tristan can enter and race his own Fiero.

I wanna come watch though.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 10:12pm
Anyone is welcome...Tristan, your my co-driver Biatch:), we will work out financials over a beer:)...Patrick, I'll take ya for a ride also, chit, you can bring your car in and race:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 10:26pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Patrick, I'll take ya for a ride also, chit, you can bring your car in and race:)

Brian, I'd like to try it this coming weekend, but there's one catch...

I'm dog-sitting Frankie for the next three weeks and I can't leave her at home all day alone. Is there any shade at the track?

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 10:35pm

Seeing as how Gretchin has virtually no shocks left, and is still riding on 10 degrees of toe in the front, and five degrees of camber in the back, I don't think that'd be $40 well spent boys, but I appreciate the offer.

Wouldn't mind going on and navigating (See: Backseat driving) with Brian, if only to annoy the daylights out of him.

"Hey man, can I put my feet up?"
"I feel like we've been here before..."
"Are you sure you're not lost? Seems like you're going in circles..."

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Seeing as how Gretchin has virtually no shocks left, and is still riding on 10 degrees of toe in the front, and five degrees of camber in the back, I don't think that'd be $40 well spent boys...

Yet that didn't stop you from trying to take that corner yesterday at over 110.

Can you now understand why we're a wee bit concerned about you?

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 11:00pm

Seeing as how Gretchin has virtually no shocks left, and is still riding on 10 degrees of toe in the front, and five degrees of camber in the back, I don't think that'd be $40 well spent boys, but I appreciate the offer.

Brian already offered to let you co-drive his car. I think he needs someone to help warm up his tires anyway.

Patrick, the only shade there is provided by tents. If you are driving, you'll also have to work the course (run after fallen cones) part of the time. The guys there are pretty nice though, I bet you could find someone there to look after Frankie for you while you're working. There's also a chance you can get out of having to work.

88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 11:36pm

Thanks for the info Colby, but it might be best to just be a spectator if I can make it out to the track this weekend.

I realize that taking a dog to a car track isn't the greatest idea, but it's either that or unfortunately not go at all. Racing my own car as well would probably be pushing things a bit. Frankie's head sticking out of the passenger window would totally ruin the aerodynamics.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Seeing as how Gretchin has virtually no shocks left, and is still riding on 10 degrees of toe in the front, and five degrees of camber in the back, I don't think that'd be $40 well spent boys...

Yet that didn't stop you from trying to take that corner yesterday at over 110.

Can you now understand why we're a wee bit concerned about you?

I'm young, and if there's one thing the media has taught me over the years, it's that young people never  die.

Joking aside, yes, I do understand some of your concern. Someone has to make you guys seem younger. =P

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 8:34am

T...read what I posted, WE drive my car, YOU drive your car and park it and meet us at Mac D's on Harris Road & Lougheed at 7:30am Sunday August 8th...

Pat, there are shaded areas with the trailers that are parked there, many bring their dogs and let them rest there...if we get there early enough we can park in that row, so won't bring my canopy, less to pack:)

Again T, let's talk, and if you are not comfortable or not available this date, then we can plan another time next season.

Cheers...Bb

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 11:05am

I'm young, and if there's one thing the media has taught me over the years, it's that young people never die.

Tristan, you apparently still consider this a black and white issue - dead or alive, despite my less than subtle hint posted earlier.

Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

You have a narrow focal point. How's the rest of your life in a wheelchair appeal to you?

As my friend, please do me a huge favour and read THIS.

Seriously, please read the whole article and keep it in mind the next time you goose the throttle and drop the clutch in a less than optimal situation.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic