Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Attempted Murder #3 for Gretchin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 12:34pm

There is a lot that I have learned in the last few years since getting into racing, once thing is for sure and is a common statement:

"There are three types of driving, Street, Performance, and Racing...no matter what one may think of their driving skills, if they have no professional instruction...you DO NOT know how to drive...and this is proven daily on our streets".

I have a perfornance driving school I am attending on August 12th, I have taken 2 autox courses, and many coaches on the track who have sat with me and taught me many skills over the last 3 years...ask Kerstin, my daily driving is so much safer and enjoyable now as I have an outlet:)...

Since I have started, I have tried to share every experience in hope that some of those in our club that have a lead foot can maybe think about their actions, and realize there are options where one can enjoy in a safe and cost effective way to enjoy our cars...some have been interested, but not as many a I hoped for...There are a few of us that are offering Tristan an opportunity to break out of his bad habits...so one day at a time:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 5:43pm

T if it was me in your position with the offer from Brian I would be jumping all over it like a fat kid on a smarty.....

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 7:16pm
I have every intention of headin' out as a navigator/co-pilot/dead-weight with him some time, but Gretchin wont be going for a little while, not until I have some things corrected on her, otherwise she wont even be competitive (Or safe, I guess).
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 7:41pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

I have every intention of headin' out as a navigator/co-pilot/dead-weight with him some time, but Gretchin wont be going for a little while, not until I have some things corrected on her, otherwise she wont even be competitive (Or safe, I guess).

So is this a NO for this Sunday August 8th?...can Gretchen get you to location?...if so YOU ARE DRIVING MY CAR!!!!...wtf are you not getting, man I want to Biatch slap you...

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 8:06pm
I don't know how your car handles. Wouldn't it be more logical to at least sit in a few laps and see?
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 8:15pm

Na...hop in, STFU and drive...lol.  Our our morning ritual is breakfast, be relaxed, network with a lot of good drivers, walk the course, check all the lines, apex, braking, when to turn, etc...plan your attack and learn how to visualize driving...you can get to a state when in grid you practise your run in your mind...you are a Fiero owner with the same clutch pretty much, you just achieved 99.9% of the challenge

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 8:19pm

Haha, unless you've got the following:

ATROCIOUS alignment.
No rear sway-bar.
Barely any braking power.
No shocks left.
Buggered high-performance clutch

...Then it'll take a little while to adapt to it.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 8:27pm
No...you will be driving a Fiero that has just had a TONNE of work done and is running perfect!!!...you won't have to adjust your driving style to make up for "issues"...man, I have a lot of work with you...lol, make it FUN, stop "Thinking" about any negative...you can take the car for a quick boot on the road and get a little feeling, maintaining the speed and noise limit of course around the track due to neighbour and RCMP watching the area big time!...most runs are less than 60 seconds, RELAX:)...lol
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 10:48pm
You won't be competitive your first time out regardless of what you're driving so don't worry about that. I mean look at me, I have no hope of being competitive with my Duke but I'm still going out there. The main thing is getting out there and gaining those skills and having fun. In fact, it would almost be better to drive your car as is since those are the conditions you face on the street.
88 Formula 5 speed

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 6:27am
Colby has point:)...you can just join in and not drive, but you have to make a choice, can't say "Hey can I do a run" mid day, have to register, etc...you still have a few days to work this out:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 6:16pm
Well, I wouldn't mind a quick sprint in your car if you're entrusting her in my hands. Bad idea on your part, mind you.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 7:48pm

Ok, come when you can make it, I'll take you for a few runs, you see what's going on and take it from there...Patrick, same, just even come out for a visit and the dog is welcome, lots bring their dogs.

Going to the BC Driving Center in Pitt Meadows Airport.  Head on Lougheed to Pitt Meadows, Right on Harris Road, the another right on Ford Street...stay on Ford and you will see the gate entrance on the left side.

Cheers...

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 10:17pm
...When?
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 10:33pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Patrick, same, just even come out for a visit and the dog is welcome, lots bring their dogs.

Sure Brian, I'll come out... hound and all.

I'd love to be able to drive my car, your car, any car on the track on Sunday, but seeing as how I'll have the dog and I've never even been to an autocross event before, I'll settle for watching this time and seeing what it's all about. 

Should I also meet up with you at the McDonald's early, or do I just find my own way to the track and then look for Tristan spinning out in your GT?

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 10:38pm

A little musical interlude. Click... Here.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 11:01pm

By the way Brian, something criminal has occurred with the image you're using for your avatar.

It's gone from this...  ...to this...  ...

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

By the way Brian, something criminal has occurred with the image you're using for your avatar.

It's gone from this...  ...to this...  ...

I noticed that when doing my avatar. This forum seems to force you to use 64x64 no matter what. So you either need to add empty space to your image or crop it and end up with something like this:

The driving doesn't usually start until after 9:30, so unless you want to be apart of the course walk there's not much point in coming out earlier.
88 Formula 5 speed

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 6:31am

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

...When?

Seriously asking When???...back up in this post and read a little

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 7:30am

Bleh. lol

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 8:53am
Based on the weather forecast for RAIN, Pitt Meadows has 5-10 mm on Saturday, Sunday only 1 mm currently...so call me on Saturday and I'll let you know what my plans are, may not go, but could because it would be a great test with the new tires and see how they are...hhhmmm, again call and let's see:) 
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic