West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VCMC This Sunday - Oct 17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 10:03pm

These guys play hardball. I noticed in the rules...

"On-board cameras are not allowed unless securely mounted onto the car (suction cup or bracket mounts at the discretion of the Head of Technical Inspection). Specifically, passengers may NOT handhold any cameras. Anyone in violation of this rule will have his/her camera immediately confiscated and may face additional penalties at the discretion of the Event Chair as this is a serious safety concern as outlined in the CACC GCR."

My buddy Jim was handholding my DV camcorder a couple times while as a passenger in both Brian's and my car at the Corvette Club's autocross. I guess that was a no-no.  

Interestingly enough, it doesn't specifically state the driver can't handhold a camera.

And this is a scary one...

Equipment / Facility Collision Damage Reminder
A flat fee of $150 is to be paid immediately upon contact with any equipment (except cones) or any part of the facility. This includes hitting timing crates, running over cables, etc. Details here.

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 10:47pm
Novice definitions will be different for each club so best to check with them.  Just say you're a novice and don't worry about it. 

vcmc $150 damage fee.  Yep, run over cables or bump the timing light and pay the $150. 

Cameras can't be held by hand because they could slip and go someplace bad.

Rulez is rulez with them.  Fun is optional.  lol!

While some people in those clubs are harda$$es, some of them are really great folks.  You'll quickly find out who is who.    ...and some of them are real serious when it comes to classing your car properly.

Brian will be able to help guide you out there. 

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 10:59pm

Allan, I notice you and Brian both kind of danced around this earlier question.

What are you keeping from me?

Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

This event sounds more, ummm.... serious. Is this really an event for third time driver in a duke powered Fiero?

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 11:33pm
And also, is the CACC license a requirement for participating in the VCMC or UBCSCC events? Should I quickly fill out this form and hope that whatever needs to be done is done in time if I want to do the event on the 24th?
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 11:58pm

Colby, it seems to me from what I can decipher that a $50 membership with the VCMC Motorsport Club covers/"includes" the $10 membership with CACC.

-------------------------------------------------------

Membership is required for this event (and includes CACC membership). Don't forget that signing up now gives you next year's membership as well!

$50 for new members (free event included!)
$50 for current members and renewals

Memberships available on Karelo here

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 12:05am
Yeah, but I'm undecided as to whether or not I want to go to this VCMC event, so I still need to know how UBCSCC handles this if I decide not to go.
88 Formula 5 speed

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 6:50am

Allan, I notice you and Brian both kind of danced around this earlier question.

What are you keeping from me?

This event sounds more, ummm.... serious. Is this really an event for third time driver in a duke powered Fiero?

Dancing is fun!  

Since this is the last event of the year for vcmc, I expect that this course will be more challenging than the ones you have driven in the past.  Challenging is good though - keeps you on your toes. 

I think you guys should go.  $50 is only $10 more than you're used to and the weather should be good this weekend.  Sunny but cool.  If you don't like the environment at VCMC, then no big deal.  Don't go to future events.  If you like the challenge and being around some amazing drivers, then go to more next year since you'll now be a member of VCMC for 2011.

CACC annual license fee: I think VCMC is rolling that $10 into their $50 annual fee.  I don't know if UBCSCC is.  UBCSCC might hit you up for $10 extra.  This has to do with the way they changed the funding model for CACC (the governing organization for many car clubs in the province).  In the past you had to buy a CACC autox license to compete in the regional autox series (top competitive events).  You'd collect points for each event and the winner of each class would win a trophy and/or a jacket, etc.  Since these clubs and CACC is volunteer based, they need to raise their own funding to make this work.  This year saw a change where an autox license wasn't necessary to compete in the regional events, so they lowered the amount you had to pay and made everyone pay it.  $10 from everyone compared to $40 or whatever from just the serious competitors.  I think it's something like that. 

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

And also, is the CACC license a requirement for participating in the VCMC or UBCSCC events? Should I quickly fill out this form and hope that whatever needs to be done is done in time if I want to do the event on the 24th?

Don't bother with this form.  It won't get completed in time.  I think UBCSCC has a day fee of $5 or something like that if you want to try them out.  They won't turn away new people because of that form not being done ahead of time.

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 11:20pm
VCMC posted a planned course layout.  Actual course may vary a bit.

http://www.vcmc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=271& ;d=1287207512

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 11:33pm
I wish I wasn't sick right now.  Unless I suddenly feel way better tomorrow I don't think I'll be going. And that course doesn't look too duke unfriendly, either.
88 Formula 5 speed

grokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 12:04am
Brian, il see you 7am @ mc d's... Anything you recommend I bring?
Lets get it sideways
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 12:26am

Allan, thanks for all the info.

And that course doesn't look too duke unfriendly, either.

Hey Colby, we could seriously kick Tristan's butt on that course!

I'm still undecided at this point whether to participate this Sunday. The biggest issue is whether or not I get my helmet on Saturday. It's been delivered to my friend's place in Blaine (as I bought it new on eBay in the States), but I'm not sure when he'll be bringing up my way. I don't want to have to be borrowing a helmet again or chasing after the "loaner" helmets available at the autocross.

I still have a few more hours to fret about this.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 12:27am

Originally posted by grokan grokan wrote:

Anything you recommend I bring?

Sticky tires and a supercharger.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 1:08am

Allan, thanks for all the info.

And that course doesn't look too duke unfriendly, either.

Hey Colby, we could seriously kick Tristan's butt on that course!

You might have been able to... Were I going.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 9:18am

Originally posted by grokan grokan wrote:

Brian, il see you 7am @ mc d's... Anything you recommend I bring?

Looks like sunscreen...lol, pack a lunch as this group usually does not plan a lunch break.  I have a large bag to empty and store anything into as you want to have your car empty which you know.  I remove and leave at home anything I won't need like floor mat for drivers side.

See you in the morning...change of clothing, going to cold in the morning, frost out today:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 8:00pm
Looks like both me and Pat are now going.
88 Formula 5 speed

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 8:28pm

Are you both registered or visiting?...meeting at MacD's for 7am, maybe 7:15am...David said Tim and him may show up in the afternoon, we have to do an exchange

Night...

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Are you both registered or visiting?

Brian, do you really think we'd go all the way out there to just watch after having raced there? Come on now!

I'm going to go register right now...

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 8:53pm

Very Cool:)

Guess you got your helmet?...make sure you all have your battery strapped in, for some reason it's a HUGE fricken deal with these guys & UBC

Need to be open minded and watch, it is kinda funny hey Allan...after your first event, you with either appriciate how they run things to the other...depends on how "serious" you are...these guys are serious or wannabe serious, but there are those like the rocker and his girl in a rusted 80s Chevette Acadian with snow tires, they had fun

Need anything Pat, welcome to call...Cheers

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 9:26pm

Geez, that all took long enough!

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Guess you got your helmet?

No, and I had already decided to forgo the event tomorrow because my helmet is still sitting down in Blaine. However, Colby contacted me and said he wanted to participate tomorrow... and bribed me with the use of his dad's helmet for the day. (Thanks Gary!)

So Brian, why is everybody meeting a half-hour earlier at McD's than for the other autocross events? Is the schedule different?

[EDIT] I've now noticed the following. I guess I'll see you all at McD's at 7 am!

Gates open @ 7:30 am.Tech closes @ 8:15am,
Reg closes @ 8:30am (sharp!).
(please note these times are strictly enforced and anyone not registered/tech'd by 8:30am will not be allowed to run - Please allow enough time for car prep and registration)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic