Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VCMC This Sunday - Oct 17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VCMC This Sunday - Oct 17
    Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:38pm

Registered...this is the most competitive group as mentioned in past, at least come out and judge how they organize the day and the personalities...much different than PCA & BCCC, many good people...if you want to get itnto it then suggest you come out

http://www.vcmc.ca/forum/showthread.php?10091-NCT-5-and-VCMC -Series-3-Novices-Here-s-Your-Chance-to-Beat-the-President !

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:03pm
Wow...no interest?
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:17pm

Brian, it's possible everyone else had the same impression as I did when they looked at your link. As in... What are all these acronyms/abbreviations and what the heck are they talking about?

-------------------------------------------------------

NCT 5 and VCMC Series 3; Novices, Here's Your Chance to Beat the President!

VCMC in partnership with our sponsors is proud to present the last event of the 2010 NCT and VCMC Series!

Wrapping up the NCT and VCMC series, It's time for the Novices to lay it all out, and see if they have what it takes to beat the President! Coming off a class-win at the NWAA Smackdown, the Prez is getting a little big for his britches! Let's see if any of the Novices can humble our fearless leader, and beat him on PAX. The top five Novices to beat the President will receive trophies from our great partner Blitzgear, to be awarded at the year-end banquet!

Without further ado, on to the regs:

1. The Series will run under CACC groupings.

Groups for the series will be as follows:
Open PAX = This is the Topgun class, if you think you are fast, this is where you should be.
Stock = AS, BS, CS, DS, ES, FS, GS, HS, SS.
Non Stock 1 = All Street Prepared.
Non Stock 2 = All SM, Prepared, Mod.
Non Stock 3 = All Street Touring Classes.
Ladies
T Class = Open Class (except Street Touring Classes), anyone without R-compound tires can join (See SCCA tire exclusion list).

And of course our existing Novice Class will be running and accumulating points as well.

2. Maximum of 2 drivers per car per heat.

3. Only the first three runs will count for Open PAX competitors.

* NEW FOR 2010 *

4. Note that Open PAX competitors shall not conduct/participate in ride-alongs until they have completed their first three runs (the ones that count for points).

-------------------------------------------------------

Besides, I'm not satisfied to just be watching anymore, I want to be driving!

grokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:24pm
i'm registered... in my mustang
Lets get it sideways
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:26pm

Originally posted by grokan grokan wrote:

BooOOoooo...  

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:26pm

lol...again, many of them race at the Nationals, etc., so much more competitive.  This event as with UBC have these "fun" events where you race the Stig or President of the clubs...and $40 at the gate, so come on out and play

I have to put my R888's back on...think I'll make it out for UBC also, week by week for now.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Originally posted by grokan grokan wrote:

BooOOoooo...  

Cool...see you then:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

grokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:30pm
my brother will also be there with his civic, but ya kinda
stoked! hope it doesn't rain
Lets get it sideways
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

$40 at the gate, so come on out and play

What about the membership fee?

--------------------------------------------

Membership is required for this event (and includes CACC membership). Don't forget that signing up now gives you next year's membership as well!

$50 for new members (free event included!)
$50 for current members and renewals

--------------------------------------------

Brian, what does it mean for new members... "free event included" 

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:52pm

It means for people who have never joined VCMC before, when you pay $50 for a one year membership, the next autox is free.  Returning members must pay $50/yr to do club events and they do not get a free autox.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:52pm

Just above on that page is:

Registration is available the morning of the event, but we encourage pre-registration on Karelo to minimize delays, and save you money!
Entry fee
Karelo - $30
On-site - $40

Since they are offering online registration with the above on-site $40, then you can consider if you want to become a member where when you first join, you get the first event included...

Luke, meet for breaky at MacD's?...I'll be there at 7am, and onsite by 7:45am.  The tech is much more serious, they check the battery, bearings, fluid, etc...

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:56pm

Originally posted by AllanJ AllanJ wrote:

It means for people who have never joined VCMC before, when you pay $50 for a one year membership, the next autox is free.  Returning members must pay $50/yr to do club events and they do not get a free autox.

You going Allan...lol...How's the suspension, forgot to ask, we'll chat:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:57pm

It means for people who have never joined VCMC before, when you pay $50 for a one year membership, the next autox is free.

Allan, just to make this clear for myself and others... If any of us paid to become a member, say tomorrow, would that mean that Sunday's event would qualify as the "next" autocross and therefore would be "free"?

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:59pm

It means for people who have never joined VCMC before, when you pay $50 for a one year membership, the next autox is free.

Allan, just to make this clear for myself and others... If any of us paid to become a member, say tomorrow, would that mean that Sunday's event would qualify as the "next" autocross and therefore woud be "free"?

Yes.  Pay the $50 and you are a member until Dec 31, 2011 (just over a year) and no extra fees to pay to play on Sunday.

Brian: One guess.  ;)
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 9:07pm

Actually I bought both my memberships (renewed) with VCMC & UBC in the last month and they are good until Sept 2011 apparently...I want a card with an expire date

Pat...pay the day rate and experience VCMC first hand then choose, save the money

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 9:07pm

Yes.  Pay the $50 and you are a member until Dec 31, 2011 (just over a year) and no extra fees to pay to play on Sunday.

Oooo, that sounds good.

A couple other questions though, for either Allan or Brian (or both)...

This event sounds more, ummm.... serious. Is this really an event for third time driver in a duke powered Fiero?

One other thing to keep in mind for us newbs - What is the limit for driving autocrosses in order to still qualfy as a Novice for the Slush Series? I saw it listed somewhere but now I can't find it. Seems to me it was only either two or three times.

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Pat...pay the day rate and experience VCMC first hand then choose, save the money

Brian, you posted while I was typing. I understand what you mean, but it does say... "Membership is required for this event" at the site.

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 9:19pm
Brian, are you sure you can do that? Their forum thread says:
Quote Membership is required for this event (and includes CACC membership). Don't forget that signing up now gives you next year's membership as well!

On the UBCSCC site, they say this about novices (here):
Quote A "Novice Driver" is defined as a person who has competed in three or fewer scored AutoSlalom events before January 1st of the current calendar year.
Novice drivers are not allowed to take passengers, except in the case of a senior driver for instructional purposes.

Although I don't know if the PCA/BCCC autoxes are considered "scored AutoSlalom events".

Also, the CACC membership confuses me. I can't tell if it's required or not.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 9:25pm

So Colby, if I understand those rules, someone who's done a hundred autocrosses since January 1st of this year (and up to three events previously) could still qualify as a Novice. Correct?

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 9:27pm

Sorry all...your right, UBC had a day membership fee of $5, need some sleep and off the meds:)...lol

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 9:29pm

So Colby, if I understand those rules, someone who's done a hundred autocrosses since January 1st of this year (and up to three events previously) could still qualify as a Novice. Correct?

That's what it looks like. I'm guessing the idea is that you're considered a novice for your first season.
88 Formula 5 speed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic