West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

April Tech Session - Idler pulley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2011 at 7:33am
Nice work Dawg they look very nice.Got home late last night, 2 cold here but nice to be home.Let las vagas at temp of 31.did not get a chance to see if the parts where cheaper.
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 1:14pm
Thanks Tino.

See you at the meeting.

The Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
tk_85redgt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:27pm
Hi Dawg are u going to bring the brackets to the meet?thanks Tino
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 10:52pm
I sure am.

The Dawg
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 11:12pm
It looks like everyone got their brackets tonight at the meeting except for one person.  Glen you need to get a hold of me.

I also sold the last bracket to Tim.

See you all at the Tech Session.

The Dawg
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 10:41am
OK everyone, here's a reminder that the tech session is this Saturday at Dave's place.  We will be aiming for a 10:00AM start (right Dave?).  Everyone is welcome of course, this is not just about the idler project.

Bring any tools you might have and lets get some work done.  The weather is improving every day.  Soon it will be cruising friendly till 10 at night again.  Lets get our cars ready for it.

See you all there!

The Dawg
tk_85redgt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 8:49pm
Hi Dawg do we need any bolts to mount the braket?
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 8:50pm
Address is 16908 104th Ave.  Surrey B.C.  10am is fine for a start time.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 12:40am
Nope....it was designed to use existing alternator bolts.  Fits right in there no problem.

Dave, if you have any way of getting a hold of Glen to remind him to show up that would be great.

The Dawg

Originally posted by tk_85redgt tk_85redgt wrote:

Hi Dawg do we need any bolts to mount the braket?
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 4:28pm
Will be sending out the reminder email in just a sec. For those of you reading, remember, it's tomorrow at 10am-whenever. Would love to be able to toss in the suspension Harrison so graciously provided me if I have the time, but I'll have to see, as I have Hockey at 4pm.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
86_Fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 86_Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 6:56pm
Are these gatherings on the mainland or the island? Both?
86_Fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 86_Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 6:57pm
BTW I'm very impressed with those idler pulley's. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Address is 16908 104th Ave.  Surrey B.C.  10am is fine for a start time.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 7:17pm
Oh and as to the Island vs Mainland stuff, I have tried more times that I can count to get someone on the island to orginize things over there and no one really has stepped up or been able to.  So as of now, all official club events are mainland only. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
86_Fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 86_Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 8:56pm
Well that's a problem I'll have to rectify in the near future. The pain in the ass part is the ferry though that's the thing that will probably deter most mainland people from coming and vice versa the islanders going to the mainland. I've tried to organize an island group but everyone is concerned with having to travel to the meets and bla bla. It's really annoying. I've tried I think 4 times and it's failed every time so I've given up. Well I'm off for a weekend of Easter dinner and drinking so I will check back Tuesday. Cheers guys. Wish I could come to the meet and show off my ride. He's torn apart right now. Doing a motor swap and interior refinish.
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 10:06pm
Thanks Cody.

Well as chance would have it, Glen has not picked his up.  So I have an extra.  If he ends up being a no show tomorrow it's yours.

Keep in mind that I only did this as a club event.  Once they're gone they're gone.

Rodney Dickman sells a kit.  He's got a web site.

The Dawg

Originally posted by 86_Fiero 86_Fiero wrote:

BTW I'm very impressed with those idler pulley's. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 7:18am
Have fun all as I make my way into work
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 4:51pm
Tech session wrap up:

Tino and Tim got their idlers installed without too much trouble.  The fit was perfect.  Tristan showed up with a set of rear struts to install.  Kevin and Dave helped him with that.

Later we noticed that Tinos rear tires were badly toed out.  It was decided that we couldn't make it any worse.  We managed to get them toed in close enough.  A lower control arm needs new bushings before more can be done.

The weather was fantastic.  It was great to see everyone.

Thanks to Dave for use of his shop!

ps.  I have the last bracket available for sale.  PM me if interested.

The Dawg
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 10:38pm

Today was awesome (Despite us not winning our Hockey tournement after...)

Thanks again to David and Kevin, you really helped me out. Next up: Alignment & Tires.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 9:01am

Wonderful day!  Who said you can't still have fun without a fiero .  Damiens Idlers looked great and fit perfect.  I only noticed a slight alignment issue inline with the belts but the bracket can easily be twisted to correct.  I love/hate how I can always see imperfection with my eye.

Still can't believe those alignment professionals left the rear of Tino's car in such a horrible 1" toe out condition.  When you think about it, where we measured was 1" but if we could actually get the tape measure to the very front and very rear of the tires - I am sure - would have been worse than that.   Must have been like dragging an anchor while driving.

After all that playing around, just made me miss my car even more.  Good times.  Thanks to Tristan for taking me to grab that bottle of NOs

Cheers!

Kevin
08GSXR1000
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic