West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Porsche Club AutoX - Saturday, May 31st

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Porsche Club AutoX - Saturday, May 31st
    Posted: 12 May 2014 at 2:07pm

PORSCHE CLUB CANADA WEST REGION - Saturday May 31st 2014 Double Pad Autocross

Signup closes May 15th at noon, after which a late fee applies.

When: Sat, 31-May-2014

Where: Ford Road & McTavish Road, Pitt Meadows, BC

First timers and spectators are welcome to attend

If you are co-driving, please indicate (in the 'notes' field) which car you will be driving and who your co-driver is!

EVERYONE MUST READ THE FOLLOWING:

- All drivers and spectators must sign the PCA liability waiver in order to enter the venue. No exceptions.

- All "drivers" under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent.

- Pre-registration via Karelo is mandatory. There will be absolutely no refunds for this event. Credit towards a future event may be given only in the event of medical or family emergencies, and only if notice is given within 24hours, at the discretion of the event chairperson.

- Pre-registration on Karelo is the only way to sign up for this event. Those showing up with cash on the morning of the event will be turned away.

- For current Porsche Club members: Cost is $50+GST per driver. ($52.50)

- For all non-PCA members: Cost is $60+GST per driver. ($63.00)

- Late Registration AFTER May 15th will be $65+GST for ALL drivers ($68.25)

First timers:

Please note: You do not need to be a Porsche Club member or own a Porsche to participate. We welcome everyone to join us! Friends and family are welcome to come and spectate as well: there is no need to sign-up if you just want to watch, however EVERYONE that is on-site MUST read and sign the liability waivers.

There is absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for any excessively loud exhausts, burnouts, reckless driving, or loud stereos on Ford Road at any time. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be immediately, and permanently, banned from all 3 local autocross clubs without warning.

Please obey the stop signs abeam the runway, and wait for any aircraft that are taking off or landing before resuming.

Gates will be open by 8:00am. You must be onsite and checked-in by 9am, or you will not run. The last run will be finished by 4:30pm. If you need to leave early for whatever reason, please pre-arrange it with the event coordinator, so that we do not have any vacant stations holding up the last run groups.

Helmets are required:

If you have your own helmet, it must be snell rated M or SA and 2000 or newer. Helmets older than my2000 or damaged helmets will not be permitted to be used.

If you need to borrow a helmet, we will have nice NEW rental helmets on site for $10 for the day. Please bring exactly $10 cash as we will not have change handy. If you forget to bring cash, you may use one of our older "shared" loaner helmets for free.

Please make sure your vehicle is free of all loose objects, including your trunk compartment, and that your battery is firmly bolted down in place. Any vehicles found to be mechanically unsafe will not be allowed to run, and no refund will be given. Please contact me if you are unsure about the condition of your vehicle.

Please refer to our website HERE for more information.

Register HERE.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 5:46pm

This is a double-pad event.  The potential is there for some fast stretches with all that room.

Will the rookie Glenn come out again to prove his surprising performance at the BCCC event wasn't a fluke?

Will young-dad Harrison get another day away from the baby?

Will the mysterious Charles come up from Bellingham?

Will old man Brian come out of retirement for this event?

Will "lean way over and reach for the radio while autocrossing" Gary make Brian wished he stayed home?

Will lead-foot Colby get his car back together in time, and not break anything for a few days?

Will the boy wonder Tristan ever get Gretchin running again?

Answers to these and many other questions may (or may not) be answered on Saturday, May 31st.

Come out and witness the intensity of hot Fiero on Fiero action... with a Porsche 914/6 thrown in for good measure.

To save a few bucks, remember to register before the end of this Thursday, the 15th.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 6:57pm
Hey, new battery and she fired up nice. I have insurance now it's picking it up from storage. I will look as I will be out this year and so wanting to run this double pad!!!:)

Chat soon
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 8:15pm
I'll sign up. I can probably get my car back together by then.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 10:30pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

...so wanting to run this double pad!!!

Brian, have you never run on the double pad? Oooo, you're in for a treat.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 10:32pm

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

I can probably get my car back together by then.

What's your backup plan?

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

What's your backup plan?

I'll co-drive with someone.
88 Formula 5 speed

karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 11:00pm
Ok. I am registered. I have been working my cars steering hard, as i
drive to work with the car (on a sunny day here and there) to build
arm strength for that hard steering. I have an ace up my sleeve this
year with a modified OMP racing seat, so no radio changes for me.

...been also tweaking the new fuel injection for that extra bit. I am
really hoping for some decent weather.

Gary
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 11:08pm

What's your backup plan?

I'll co-drive with someone.

Anyone in particular?

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 11:22pm

in particular?

I'm sure someone will be nice enough to share. 
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 11:51pm

in particular?

I'm sure someone will be nice enough to share. 

I'm willing to share with someone who's nice enough to help me tweak this suspension.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 9:48pm

Thread at the Porsche Club forum about this autocross is HERE.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 9:41am

Just a reminder that registration officially ends at 11 PM tonight (according to Karelo), with a late fee applying afterwards. 

Double pad... vroom vroom!

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 10:29am
I may show up to watch and be a spectator.   I'm okay with
signing the waver but not until I get there.   

Deadline is today.   

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 10:56am

Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

I may show up to watch and be a spectator.

Please shoot some video! We love to see (and hear) our cars racing around the course from a spectator's perspective.

Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

I'm okay with signing the waver but not until I get there.

The liability waiver is standard practice at functions such as this, and yes, you just sign the waiver once you're at the track. It allows you to not only be on site, but also to be able to go along for rides as a passenger.

Edited by Patrick
karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 10:40pm
my brother is co-driving my car. planning (hoping) for good weather.

i am soo excited!

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 10:17am

Originally posted by karnak karnak wrote:

my brother is co-driving my car. planning (hoping) for good weather.

It'll be great to see Allan at the track again.  Next thing you'll be announcing is that Riley will also be coming out (in his new car?) as part of Team Johanson.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 2:16pm

I installed lowering springs this week as well as stiffer shocks and struts. Obviously feels a whole lot different! The front of the Formula has dropped at least two inches from factory height.

Really looking forward to this event.  Just a week away now!

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 11:11pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Hey, new battery and she fired up nice. I have insurance now it's picking it up from storage. I will look as I will be out this year and so wanting to run this double pad!!!:)

Chat soon

Brian, are you coming out this Saturday? It would be great to see you at the track again. You're going to be rusty!

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 5:31am

And it looks like a perfect day for autocross.

I was at the track late yesterday afternoon. Rich's car is off the road, so my Formula was the "mule" to test the layout.

All I can say is that the course is... fast. There might be a need for 3rd gear in one stretch!

So fasten your seat belts, we're gonna be moving today!

Edited by Patrick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic