West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blast from the past

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

Originally posted by Marianne Marianne wrote:

I want clowns driving Fieros

Oh man....  you've got SO many of those already though....    

Hehe. Classy, brother.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2010 at 11:54pm

Calling Marianne, calling Marianne...

I know you're around.

I saw a couple relatively recent posts of yours on the Wall at Templeton Secondary School 1974 ('69 to '79ers who hung out with us)

Judging from the photos posted and the "Friends" listed at that Facebook site, it could/should be renamed Hastings Elementary School (the 1960's)  

I don't see anyone originally from my elementary school, Lord Nelson.

Marcel, I don't know what elementary school you might've gone to.

I joined Facebook just a few days ago to send a message to a fella I bought one of my Fieros from several years ago. I also ended up looking up people I knew from decades ago. I gotta be honest and say I've been kind of shocked at some of the pictures. Some of these people I haven't seen for 37 years. Yikes!

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 10:21pm
Man, I can't think of anyone I haven't seen in 37 years... Oh, wait.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 10:46pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Man, I can't think of anyone I haven't seen in 37 years... Oh, wait.

You would have to go into a trance first and focus on a previous life!

Marianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 11:29pm
Hey my ears are burning...means someone is talking about me!

Apologies for my absence as I having been moving ...it's taken 16 months!!!! Now is crunch time as the new people are moving in Saturday.

It's a long story but involves one disaster after another....kinda like the Money Pit story. I'll have to tell you all about it some day. My arms ache as myself and my skinny friend single handedly moved the entire contents of a five bedroom house. I drove a one ton truck during the week and have huge arm muscles.

I found Fiero headlights!!! amongst my many treasures in the garage and a couple of 2 dollar bills!!! Yes Bills not Twoonies!

I promise to be check in once again as soon as the weekend is over.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 11:50pm

Hey, first dibs on the headlights! (...if they have the motors attached.)

Geez, it just dawned on me... Are you moving out of that place with the fantastic yard?

Aw, say it isn't so.

Marianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 7:55am
Hi Again,

Sheesh, I must be overtired as I meant to say lights not headlights...they are for the back of a Fiero.

Pat, I'm finally moving from the Fleetwood home and living full time at the home you saw (with the beautiful yard). With ongoing renos for the past 16 months I no longer have to travel to two places daily!!!!!

Some people have all the luck - First the sewer backed up...ewww and it took the insurance company a mere 9 months to rip apart my walls/ floors and crawlspace. With three big dogs underfoot and men leaving gates and doors open - we took the dogs back during the week and took turns living at the other place. Meant for months I lived in 2 places. Makes me sound like a rich person doesn't it? In reality we were playing double morgage which killed us.

THE VERY NEXT DAY....after they finished the sewer backup damage - someone ran into my fence and took out 52 feet!!!! Knocked out electrical/water and shrubs/trees.....that only took the insurance company 8 months.

No fence and three dogs....well that continued the two home saga for another 7-8 months. They kept promising it would be fixed" any day".

The only good thing that came out of this is I resorted to using East End language again.

This all was happening when my son contracted meningitus and had brain surgery.

So... work, hospital, house #1, house #2 daily for 16 months or more!!! No wonder no one has heard from me. Did I also mention I happen to have 30 something animals to care for and took on more hours at work in order to try to cover expenses. You won't recognize me ....I'm the one wearing the super woman outfit.

Rob Starr called me....Rob Starr!!!! Sadly, I never had a chance to call him back in my frantic pace.

Now life (after this weekend) will slowly get back to normal and I'll live in just one home like a regular person who just happens to have 4- 100 pound dogs and 30 other animals. Life is never dull!!!

>>puts on rose colored glasses and smiles.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 8:45am

Marianne, get in touch again when you've got something interesting to discuss for a change. Wink

Wow, sounds like a hectic last few months. Glad to hear it's winding down.

You mention Rob Starr. It was Rob who I cropped out of the picture of you and I on page one of this thread.

Good luck with the final move this weekend. We'll be waiting for a report.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 9:00am

Marianne, if you're still moving stuff you desperately need to downsize!

Let us know how you made out.

Marianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 10:11am
Okay so now I know I'm zany. Others may have thought so but I just thought I was eccentric. Now I admit to being nuts. Why you ask??

After all those months of renos.....guess what???

It all started with needing a new roof. I knew this when purchasing this home and thus got a price reduction as a result. With all those horrendous other renos going on , I was cash strapped and prayed the roof would last another season. I'd find cedar shakes on the ground in the morning. Oh sheesh! Worse, I didn't realize the cats were emerging from the balcony and racing around the roof for all to see. I hadn't known they were doing this until I met someone who passed my house one day and said "oh you're the person with all those cats on the roof!!!" Everyone knows about this house as you can see them for blocks around. OMG!!! I always wanted fame but not as a potential nutjob who has a gazillion cats on their roof. Plus, 3 Old English Sheepdogs and a Pitbull who race and quard the bunny enclosure as they see this as their purpose to protect bunnies and guinea pigs. Wonder what the neighbors think of me? It's seriously funny as anyone that passes, the dogs immediately circle the bunny enclosure and stand guard over them.

Don't worry lil fellows we've got your back.

So....it started off needing a new roof.....then the patio needing to be redone as it feels "squishy"...so that was added to the list....then the fence in one section needs to be fixed (not the part that the drunk driver hit as that's fixed now) and then after much debate we decided to take down the garage peak and add a patio. "Whaddya nuts? friends have been asking. This means more....you guessed it....RENOS!!!

OMG!!! The contractor is bringing in a large bin and I can clean my garage at the same time.

So once again "one of these days, I'll get to sip lemonaid, sit on my new porch and invite friends and chat about Fieros.
Marianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 10:17am

Who is she kidding? She's too busy with us.

The dogs

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 10:24am

Originally posted by Marianne Marianne wrote:

This means more....you guessed it....RENOS!!!

So once again "one of these days, I'll get to sip lemonaid, sit on my new porch and invite friends and chat about Fieros.

Well, I guess that means it'll be another 25 years before we see each other again!

Thanks for checking in, Marianne. Keep us abreast of your progress.

Marianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 6:10pm

Just when you thought it was safe.......I'm baaack.

I just returned last night from Amsterdam! Took a much needed vacation after 10 years of being a slave to the animals. 17 days of Freedom!!! Visited London, Paris and Amsterdam. Yes, I know I'm bragging but if I told you my lastest reno disaster you'd have sympathy for me.

Had to return to work today and then go pick up my two of my dogs at Matsqui Prison where I had placed for boarding and training. The Pit Bull and one of the Old English Sheepdogs. People always chuckle when I tell them I put my dogs in prison, but it's a great program. A Win/Win situation where they take the most unadoptable dogs and match them up with inmates. Inmates benefit and dogs become highly trained adoptable dogs. They fund their program by taking in private peoples dogs..so it's why I took two of mine there for duration of my trip.

Suffering from jet lag but in a happy mood I visited the prison today, after work and spent 2 hours with the inmates showing me what my good dogs learned. The other two dogs and numerous animals stayed with professional pet sitters. It took 5 of them to do my job. That's okay however, as it gave me bragging rights to boast that I do the job of 5-7 people but then not everyone can be a super woman!

Now, the daily grind continues - blah.

Pat, I definately would be interested in getting together for a Langara reunion!

Marianne

PS - As for that nice porch I spoke of earlier in my post. The contractor whom we had throughly checked his references turned out to be a major scum of the earth. Who destroyed my home, a flat roof garage that does not have access either via doors or stairs, didn't pay his sub contractors, nor his employees - thus they walked off the job and left two of our walls exposed to the elements for the last six months. How come people have all the luck? Anyways - you can now see why I REALLY needed a vacation after 3 nightmare renos, animals , work...sigh I even make myself tired writing about it.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 6:39pm
Sounds like what happened with our house. Money paid in advance... It's been 10 years since ours started, and I still haven't got drywall in the lower half of the house.
Marianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 8:15am

I'm sorry that happened to you as well Romeo. We should wish the fleas of a 1000 camels infest their armpits.

It kinda sucks having to pay back a loan for the next 10 years and the house is in worse shape than previously. Blah!

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 10:29am
Awwwww.....I like that big hairy one.   

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic